Arcadia
21st May 2010
Old 21st May 2010
Lives for gear

SH-2 C/V problem

Hi-

Just got a Doepfer MCV4 MIDI/CV converter and hooked up to my SH-2. Notes and pitch bend work fine, but when I move the portamento slider up on the SH-2 there is no effect any more. Is it not possible to use portamento on the SH-2 when it's being controlled via CV? Or is there some setting I need to make on the Doepfer? Thanks!
21st May 2010
Old 21st May 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
Hi-

Just got a Doepfer MCV4 MIDI/CV converter and hooked up to my SH-2. Notes and pitch bend work fine, but when I move the portamento slider up on the SH-2 there is no effect any more. Is it not possible to use portamento on the SH-2 when it's being controlled via CV? Or is there some setting I need to make on the Doepfer? Thanks!
I believe the CV-IN shorts the portamento and keyboard controls. The block diagram in the SH-09 (I know it's not the SH-02) manual certainly makes it look like that's the case. This is also the behavior I've personally witnessed on my SH-09, and I believe the CV-IN and CV-OUT sections are wired the same on the 09 and the 02.

Have you tried using the portamento slider/knob in whatever MIDI device you're using to control it? I am not using the Doepfer, I use the CSQ-100 for CV playback. It has it's own portamento slider, which does the job.
21st May 2010
Old 21st May 2010
Lives for gear

most CV mono's cant use thier own porta when the CV Jack is in.

this is normal for your Sh-2.

if you want porta through CV you have to send it with CV.

kenton box's have a porta function. i'm guessing you can also send porta with silent way and volta
21st May 2010
Old 21st May 2010
Lives for gear

afaik the MCV4 cannot do cv portamento, as beers said the Kenton (which I have) does. So you're out of luck there.

"Auto-bend" however still works over cv control.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search