New Reply
Subscribe
echoromeo
19th May 2010
Old 19th May 2010
Gear Head

Motu Fastlane + Mopho/Nord Issues

Here is a strange one.

I have a Motu Fastlane USB, I think it is about 7 or 8 years old. It used to work perfectly with the Nord Micro-Modular. I haven't played the Nord in a while, and plugged it in recently. The editor will not read the "PC" channel of the Nord. Additionally, my Mopho editor will not talk to the Mopho. Oddly enough, my aged Opcode Midport 96 has no problems with either.

Is this a snow leopard issue? Anyone else have similar problems, or success with the Fastlane USB and the Nord Micro-Modular or Mopho?

Thanks!
24th May 2010
Old 24th May 2010
Lives for gear

Looks like you're not alone:

Topic : Interface Midi Motu Fastlane USB not functioning under Snow Leopard?

but somebody mentions at the end of the thread that a driver update from MOTU fixed the problem...

If not drivers, could it be due to low bus power?

BTW, how's your Opcode midiport functioning with Snow Leopard? I need to get a multichannel interface to accommodate a growing collection of... midi stuff..
echoromeo
26th May 2010
Old 26th May 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ101 View Post
Looks like you're not alone:

Topic : Interface Midi Motu Fastlane USB not functioning under Snow Leopard?

but somebody mentions at the end of the thread that a driver update from MOTU fixed the problem...

If not drivers, could it be due to low bus power?

BTW, how's your Opcode midiport functioning with Snow Leopard? I need to get a multichannel interface to accommodate a growing collection of... midi stuff..
The interface seems to work OK with snow leopard, it will talk to most any synth, just not the editor functions ( on the mopho and nord). Bus power is fine.

The Opcode Midiport 96 works great, there is a third party driver out on the net one needs to grab.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search