vintage synths in los angeles
Old 21st April 2010
  #1
Gear Head
 

Thread Starter
vintage synths in los angeles

can anyone recommend me some good stores in LA selling vintage synths? korg mono / poly, roland jupiter etc
Old 21st April 2010
  #2
Gear maniac
 
roland4387's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyemusic View Post
can anyone recommend me some good stores in LA selling vintage synths? korg mono / poly, roland jupiter etc
No stores that I know of that regularly have gear, but plenty of sellers. Check out Ebay seller onkloud9, he's in Sherman Oaks and he's a great guy to deal with. Analogue Haven has vintage gear sometimes. I've had luck on Craigslist as well.
Old 21st April 2010
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Dirty Halo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland4387 View Post
No stores that I know of that regularly have gear, but plenty of sellers. Check out Ebay seller onkloud9, he's in Sherman Oaks and he's a great guy to deal with. Analogue Haven has vintage gear sometimes. I've had luck on Craigslist as well.
I'll second and vouch for Brand (oncloud). Good honest guy who has a mutual love for all the same vintage gear we chat about here. Great resource

-Andrews
Old 22nd April 2010
  #4
Gear maniac
 
pitchybastard's Avatar
 

Future Music on York blvd.
Old 22nd April 2010
  #5
Lives for gear
 
shaft9000's Avatar
 

call Roger @ bigcitymusic.
They have Jupiters, OBs and Prophets laying about. They're not set up to play, though - I don't know if he has a tech that fixes them right now. Or if they're even for sale, but it's worth asking.
Old 19th May 2010
  #6
Gear maniac
 
pitchybastard's Avatar
 

They're not for sale, unfortunately
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaft9000 View Post
call Roger @ bigcitymusic.
They have Jupiters, OBs and Prophets laying about. They're not set up to play, though - I don't know if he has a tech that fixes them right now. Or if they're even for sale, but it's worth asking.
Old 19th May 2010
  #7
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchybastard View Post
Future Music on York blvd.
+1

Jack's the coolest..
Old 19th May 2010
  #8
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchybastard View Post
They're not for sale, unfortunately
but ya never know. he does get vintage stuff in from time to time though his prices are dealer prices and usually comparable to ebay craziness though he is a nice guy and won't sell you a wonky POS and also has a lot of the great NEW stuff out there as well.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
slowmusic / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
pitchybastard / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
6
toneguru / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
1
nativeangeleno / So much gear, so little time!
0
Jazzpunk / So much gear, so little time!
9

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.