Login / Register

RME 9632 - Can someone explain how the sound translates?
New Reply
Subscribe
Perj
8th April 2010
Old 8th April 2010
Gear nut

RME 9632 - Can someone explain how the sound translates?

I came form the Motu 828 to the RME 9632. On the 9632 the Highs seem alot louder, the mids are very distinct and well separated, but the lows are very light.

Is this how it is suppose to sound in the low? Its like very little bass coming through. Given I am still using the factory breakout cables with the RCA outputs.

I mean is it worth investing money in this thing (i.e. 1/4" breakouts, presonus control station) or should I just get a Fireface or even just stick to my other sound card, T.C. Konnekt 6?
8th April 2010
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perj View Post
I came form the Motu 828 to the RME 9632. On the 9632 the Highs seem alot louder, the mids are very distinct and well separated, but the lows are very light.

Is this how it is suppose to sound in the low? Its like very little bass coming through. Given I am still using the factory breakout cables with the RCA outputs.

I mean is it worth investing money in this thing (i.e. 1/4" breakouts, presonus control station) or should I just get a Fireface or even just stick to my other sound card, T.C. Konnekt 6?
Sounds like you got some shoddy breakout cables. I'd ask for a replacement.
8th April 2010
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

The 828's technology is friggin ancient and quite dark and blurry, so the difference you're hearing is normal. Put a test tone on in your DAW and sweep down into the sub frequencies to see if the card is reproducing them correctly. If it is, my hunch would be that its giving you a tighter bass, and the reduced booming is tripping you out a bit... you'll get used to it

And just in case, the brightness you hear is in the FF models as well... Im pretty sure all RME cards have that topend - personally liked it, made everything sound chique.

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search