Future Retro XS Drums & Percussion
Old 29th January 2010
  #1
Gear maniac
 
wave alchemy's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Future Retro XS Drums & Percussion

Hi All,

Is anyone here using the FRXS for drums and percussion. sounds? I have been playing with the XS for a couple of hours and managed to get some really cool drum sounds!

I have built a drum kit which includes 29 samples. All sounds have been programmed from scratch on the XS. Signal chain is XS - Distressor (slight compression) - API pre-amp - Converters.

The sounds are attatched to this post for you to use in your productions - no strings attatched. I urge anyone whos considering buying a FRXS to check them out. This is only the tiniest fraction of whats possible with the XS drums wise - Its a really cool box.

I have also attatched a really rough small audio demo. Sorry for the bad mix - its just to showcase some of the sounds. Slight buss compression has been used on the demo.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip future retro kit 01.zip (1.42 MB, 838 views) File Type: wav wa_frxs_drums.wav (4.14 MB, 836 views)
Old 29th January 2010
  #2
Lives for gear
 
golden beers's Avatar
Old 29th January 2010
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

Nice samples... thanks for sharing... esp liking the 'sweep bass'... pure evil!!!

Funky little demo too ;-)

edit: Ahhhh just recognised that you are Wave Alchemy! That explains the quality then ;-)
Old 30th January 2010
  #4
you guys never stop kicking ass
Old 30th January 2010
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Rusty_OHara's Avatar
 

Thanks for these, going to go check them out on the DAW

Should take photos / patch sheets as tutorials
Old 30th January 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 
iksrazal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_OHara View Post
Should take photos / patch sheets as tutorials
I liked the samples, but its not the way I work -
I do everything either on the keyboard or via midi. Since I have
an FR XS, photos / patch sheets would be great . Either way though,
the samples do show what can be done with this fine machine.
Old 30th January 2010
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Rust Creep's Avatar
 

really cool percussion sounds.

i ****ing love my future retro XS. definitely my favorite synth. partnered with an eventide eclipse... the sonic possibilities are astounding
Old 30th January 2010
  #8
Gear maniac
 
wave alchemy's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarin View Post
really cool percussion sounds.

i ****ing love my future retro XS. definitely my favorite synth. partnered with an eventide eclipse... the sonic possibilities are astounding
Indeed thumbsup The XS is an awesome synth. Its also very well built and extremely well thought out.
Old 30th January 2010
  #9
Gear maniac
 
wave alchemy's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksrazal View Post
I liked the samples, but its not the way I work -
I do everything either on the keyboard or via midi. Since I have
an FR XS, photos / patch sheets would be great . Either way though,
the samples do show what can be done with this fine machine.
I will be sure to give patch sheets if I do another free kit thumbsup

There are many processed XS sounds included in our Drum Tools library within the 'synth percussion' folder. They sound really nice!
Old 31st January 2010
  #10
Gear maniac
 
wave alchemy's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Has anyone else had a chance to check these out?
Old 31st January 2010
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Barfunkel's Avatar
 

I did! One of the reason's the XS is on my wantlist is the nice percussion sounds it can create, among other things of course. My intention is to create killer techno drumkits for my S950, just load a disk and jam with the sounds that'll probably will fit together very well, since they come from the same machine.
Old 31st January 2010
  #12
Gear Head
 

Thanks! These are great. They will function well in many styles of music, including minimal house, electroclash (what do they call that genre nowadays?), hip hop (The Neptunes or Timbaland could rock these sounds in a track), and others. Chip Tuners could probably bit-reduce them and use them to great effect as well, even though they didn't come from a Game Boy.
Old 1st February 2010
  #13
Gear maniac
 
wave alchemy's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfunkel View Post
I did! One of the reason's the XS is on my wantlist is the nice percussion sounds it can create, among other things of course. My intention is to create killer techno drumkits for my S950, just load a disk and jam with the sounds that'll probably will fit together very well, since they come from the same machine.
Yes you would definately be able to make some great kits for use in your sampler. Synths are a great way to go to make less generic sounding drums and percussion.
Old 6th February 2010
  #14
Lives for gear
 
PeteJames's Avatar
 

These samples make me proud to own an XS Nice boys, Nice
Old 7th February 2010
  #15
Gear maniac
 
wave alchemy's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Glad eveyone is liking the sounds thumbsup
I might make a few more free XS drum kits once Drum Tools 01 is released (this thursday) as I will have more free time to spare then.
Old 8th February 2010
  #16
Banned
 

Just for laughs after seeing this thread, I made a few drum samples using my XS. For some reason it never occurred to me to try it with the XS and I'm really happy with the results. The overdrive on kicks is NICE!
Old 8th February 2010
  #17
Lives for gear
 
golden beers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Just for laughs after seeing this thread, I made a few drum samples using my XS. For some reason it never occurred to me to try it with the XS and I'm really happy with the results. The overdrive on kicks is NICE!
derp dude, try your pro1!
Old 8th February 2010
  #18
Banned
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers View Post
derp dude, try your pro1!
Man, you guys are just out to make me sell my drum machines, aren't you! XD
Old 8th February 2010
  #19
Gear maniac
 
wave alchemy's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers View Post
derp dude, try your pro1!
I think the Pro 1 is going to be one of my next purchases. Does anyone have one for sale in the Uk?
Old 8th February 2010
  #20
Lives for gear
 
PeteJames's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave alchemy View Post
Glad eveyone is liking the sounds thumbsup
I might make a few more free XS drum kits once Drum Tools 01 is released (this thursday) as I will have more free time to spare then.
any tips or patch sheets for XS users making percussion sounds?
Old 27th August 2010
  #21
Gear interested
 

bit late on this one but some great sounds here. ta very much
Old 27th August 2010
  #22
Lives for gear
 
payt's Avatar
 

If anyone is interested i could make a nice andromeda and P08 kit Or a kit for each or something.
Old 27th August 2010
  #23
Lives for gear
 
payt's Avatar
 

Ok i've been busy a bit, and this is what i managed to get out of the P08
Attached Files
File Type: zip P08.zip (1.40 MB, 66 views) File Type: mp3 P08beat.mp3 (2.52 MB, 204 views)
Old 27th August 2010
  #24
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post
Ok i've been busy a bit, and this is what i managed to get out of the P08
nice work, thanks for sharing!
Old 28th August 2010
  #25
Lives for gear
 
payt's Avatar
 

No problemo .. i hope you don't mind my using them in a tune myself though
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
jsrockit / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
16
PeteJames / So much gear, so little time!
2
sashbash / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
3
rodge / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
24
rids / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
16

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.