New Reply
Subscribe
Veck
7th January 2010
Old 7th January 2010
Gear addict

Ableton & Rane Serato Scratch?

Hey everybody,

There are some rumours about a cooperation between Ableton and Rane, they want to implement the scratch software in Ableton.

So..I wanna buy a digital mixing solution, to play my own tracks in the club, at the moment I would take NI Traktor, but I use Ableton play live..do you think it makes sense to buy already serato?

Another Question: How can you beatchmatch your Abelton Sets to your serato vinyl, does it work?
7th January 2010
Old 7th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veck View Post
Hey everybody,

There are some rumours about a cooperation between Ableton and Rane, they want to implement the scratch software in Ableton.

So..I wanna buy a digital mixing solution, to play my own tracks in the club, at the moment I would take NI Traktor, but I use Ableton play live..do you think it makes sense to buy already serato?

Another Question: How can you beatchmatch your Abelton Sets to your serato vinyl, does it work?

I'm waiting till NAMM to see what Ableton has up their sleeve before purchasing anything....but then again, Ableton might delay the whole endeavor after their announcement to not release any new features until they get a stable environment.

An Ableton + Serato solution would be awesome...then we could use clips in Live/CDJ's/Vinyl all at once with perfect sync + the use of Ableton effects.
7th January 2010
Old 7th January 2010
Gear interested

7th January 2010
Old 7th January 2010
Lives for gear

Ableton have confirmed that partnership & are set to launch the product soon... defo you should hold tight for a little longer.
7th January 2010
Old 7th January 2010
Lives for gear

8th January 2010
Old 8th January 2010
Gear addict

I have friends working at serato who say whatever it is they are working on is awesome.
They wouldn't tell me exactly what it is though (Friends my butt!)
So I'd wait for the anouncement before buying anything.
14th January 2010
Old 14th January 2010
14th January 2010
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Disappointing :\
28th January 2010
Old 28th January 2010
Gear interested

Disappointing?! I think this is the biggest announcement of this year. Were you disappointed by the whole concept or just some features? My opinion is: it will move DJing onto a whole new level, blurring the line between DJing, and PLAYING live even further.

Face it, rock is dead and turntables are the guitars of the new millennium. I can't wait until my favorite DJ's get their hands on it!!!!
29th January 2010
Old 29th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogaboutstudio View Post
Disappointing?! I think this is the biggest announcement of this year. Were you disappointed by the whole concept or just some features? My opinion is: it will move DJing onto a whole new level, blurring the line between DJing, and PLAYING live even further.

Face it, rock is dead and turntables are the guitars of the new millennium. I can't wait until my favorite DJ's get their hands on it!!!!

Pfff. I think turntables are dead. Even as techno producer I'd say the guitar in its present form will outlast the turntable in its present form. This was an extremely disappoint release. There's nothing this software achieves that couldn't already be done before save get ableton to reverse its clocks, it just integrates the two a bit better.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search