Oberheim Matrix 2001
New Reply
Subscribe
steffensen
22nd August 2009
Old 22nd August 2009
Gear addict

Oberheim Matrix 2001

After my last purchase of the M1000, i started using it with the editor Matrix 2001, which is great btw.

Im just curious tho, it seems like there was some time since the author released this, and i guess im just wondering if he have abandoned the project, or still plan for any updates etc.

Does anyone know?

I have of course emailed him about this, with no reply.
This makes me hesitate about buying it, still on the demo here. Few days left.. and i can already not see myself with any other editor.
22nd August 2009
Old 22nd August 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I haven't heard anything from this programmer, but the cost is pretty inexpensive for what you get. I say go ahead and pruchase it. From the FAQ section is does say: "Matrix 2001 is still being developed and updated. New versions will always be free for registered users."

Here is a link to the one I use on my Mac and it's free.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~cornutt/Musi..._0_install.dmg
22nd August 2009
Old 22nd August 2009
Gear addict

Yea well, im on PC. And we have to pay!

I read this in the FAQ as well, but who knows.. Hopefully i get something in the mail after paying up then. Ill take my chances!
22nd August 2009
Old 22nd August 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Broken record: JSYNTHLIB

JSynthLib Home Page

Mac or PC. Java editor for many rack synths. Completely free.
22nd August 2009
Old 22nd August 2009
Gear addict

Yep its good, i am using it. But i prefer the Matrix 2001 for many reasons. The ease of use is one. Im control it with my BCR quite easily as well.
22nd August 2009
Old 22nd August 2009
Gear Head

Sounddiver have pretty much everything solved for your M1000. I am using it without a glitch
steffensen
22nd August 2009
Old 22nd August 2009
Gear addict

Hm..can Sounddiver still be bought somewhere then?
23rd August 2009
Old 23rd August 2009
Lives for gear

Matrix 2001 is pretty good. Sometimes I have to resync the midi or whatever but it works and it has some great extra features. I bought the full license from him a few years ago and it is certainly work the $20 (even up to $35). I am surprised he is not replying to emails because I emailed him some time after I had bought the license with a question and he wrote back quickly.

If there is an automated way to just send money in paypal or something I'd go ahead and do it and wait patiently. It is the best editor for the OB. Maybe he's on vacation or something.
23rd August 2009
Old 23rd August 2009
Gear interested

the midiquest 10, is great..
I use a OSX, and midi learn, control a Ob matrix6R with the knobs of my Virus C desk, and a nanokontrol.

I used matrix2001, JSynth LIB, Matrixed, ob6000 and sounddiver, but the midiquest editor is better (osx)
steffensen
23rd August 2009
Old 23rd August 2009
Gear addict

I guess we have different taste.
Tried midiquest before, and it was (for me) very unusable.
Faders were hard to be precise with, overall messy and hard to use gui, and i got many bluescreen crashes etc.

Sounddiver i used in the past for my juno-2, but i sold it along with LAP5 many years ago. I remember i liked Sounddiver however, so im trying a old demo i found, but cant get the midi to work for some reason? Its only working when i choose Activate Midi Thru, but then i get double midi signals or something.. M2001 seems like the best choice in the end after all.

Gonna take my chances with sending my moneyz to him, in a day or 2.
15th July 2010
Old 15th July 2010
Gear nut

I just bought the M2001 editor, and I also think it's great! It was the first editor I tried for my Matrix and did not need to look any further.

The latest version is 2.51, and it does not seem to have been updated since 2003. Dragging the sliders for certain parameters seem to overflow the MIDI system of my Matrix 6R and it has to be switched off and back on. So the editor is great for programming, but perhaps not so suitable for realtime control.

Anyway, I recieved the editor by e-mail two days after I paid him, so the application is still available.
15th July 2010
Old 15th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebu View Post
I just bought the M2001 editor, and I also think it's great! It was the first editor I tried for my Matrix and did not need to look any further.

The latest version is 2.51, and it does not seem to have been updated since 2003. Dragging the sliders for certain parameters seem to overflow the MIDI system of my Matrix 6R and it has to be switched off and back on. So the editor is great for programming, but perhaps not so suitable for realtime control.

Anyway, I recieved the editor by e-mail two days after I paid him, so the application is still available.
I'm also demoing Matrix 2001, and will most likely buy it when the demo period is over. It's very good.

The delay in updating some parameters is a limitation of the synth, not the software. My Matrix 1000 has never actually locked up on me, but it will sit and wait for a couple of seconds when you edit some parameters.

Most of the parameters that you'd want to edit in realtime can be linked to a mod wheel or other Midi controller via the mod matrix, and that way they can be changed smoothly in realtime.

M
y equipment: Access Virus TI2 KB, Emu Emulator II, Yamaha DX7IIFD, Eurorack modular, Roland D550, Roland JD990, Arturia Minibrute, Moog CP251, MFB Microzwerg, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha TX802, Yamaha DX21, Korg Radias, Ensoniq EPS, Oberheim Matrix 1000, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, Sylenth 1, Waldorf Largo, Waldorf PPG Wave 3V, Korg Legacy M1 and Wavestation, Alchemy, DCAM Synth Squad, Arturia V-Collection, Ableton Live 9 and Logic Pro X.
0e0
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
0e0
Gear Head

I purchased Matrix 2001 a while ago..and i really like it.. my only gripe with the program is that if you assign aftertouch to a parameter (filter cutoff). it will not send your controllers aftertouch as a continuous msg..just little PINGS as it changes value. but when you use the patch outside of the editer the aftertouch works fine.

otherwise it's a perfect editor for the Matrix 2001. Currently working on one for ctrlr to possibly replace..but i also like the standalone use of the Matrix 2001 to really focus me when i'm playing around with the Matrix 1000.

j

0=0
5th June 2013
Old 5th June 2013
Gear nut

Bumping this thread... any one know where to find this excellent software, the Matrix 20001? I got a demo version on a cd when I bought my Matrix, but is the full version of this software still available?
5th June 2013
Old 5th June 2013
Lives for gear

7th June 2013
Old 7th June 2013
Gear interested

Lucky day folks. Just joined this community with the intention of putting this onto the web for you all. It's the FULL VERSION of Matrix 2001. LINK HERE: http://www2.zshares.net/m3qo314q86jr

So I've been using this program called Matrix 2001 v2.51 a program that works wonderfully, but costs $20 for a full version. However, seems like the creator of this program "Mark Strijbos" disappeared. I have no way to give this guy money so I can use the full potential of the program. His websites are down.

So I managed to turn this into freeware for all awesome Obie M6 users. This is a great patch editor and you guys definitely should grab this if you have the keyboard. I have instructions and pictures all set up for ya to get this thing working and ready to blast off.

To workaround the trial, I got this program called "Runasdate". It's basically one of the most duct-tape methods ever. But it works, always. LOL!

I posted the file here. This is for Windows users, never tested this on OSX. You need Winrar. If at some point in the future the link goes down, send me a PM here and I'll hook you guys up. Thanks!

RIP Mark Strijbos? (the program creator) Hopefully he's still around. His websites are down and this beautiful piece of software is no longer supported or able to be purchased. Thanks for the great program Mark, your legend continues :D
8th July 2013
Old 8th July 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks Fauxtrot!

link doesnt work, can you email it to me? dude163 @ yahoo.com
7th August 2013
Old 7th August 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxtrot View Post
Lucky day folks. Just joined this community with the intention of putting this onto the web for you all. It's the FULL VERSION of Matrix 2001. LINK HERE: Download Matrix_2001_v251d_Full_Version___Instructions.zip - zSHARE

So I've been using this program called Matrix 2001 v2.51 a program that works wonderfully, but costs $20 for a full version. However, seems like the creator of this program "Mark Strijbos" disappeared. I have no way to give this guy money so I can use the full potential of the program. His websites are down.

So I managed to turn this into freeware for all awesome Obie M6 users. This is a great patch editor and you guys definitely should grab this if you have the keyboard. I have instructions and pictures all set up for ya to get this thing working and ready to blast off.

To workaround the trial, I got this program called "Runasdate". It's basically one of the most duct-tape methods ever. But it works, always. LOL!

I posted the file here. This is for Windows users, never tested this on OSX. You need Winrar. If at some point in the future the link goes down, send me a PM here and I'll hook you guys up. Thanks!

RIP Mark Strijbos? (the program creator) Hopefully he's still around. His websites are down and this beautiful piece of software is no longer supported or able to be purchased. Thanks for the great program Mark, your legend continues :D
this is Fauxtrot. This is my new gearslutz account by the way
7th August 2013
Old 7th August 2013
Lives for gear

I think I still prefer Synlib Matrix 6, but this is a very capable editor.

Music at http://www.soundcloud.com/elmosexwhistle.
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Gear maniac

I loved this Matrix 2001 editor - had it all setup with a BCR2000 - was ready to buy it when my old laptop croaked and then I updated to a Windows 7 laptop. Couldn't get the software to work on Windows 7! I even tried going through a WinXP virtual machine - no go!

Anyone here have any success using Matrix 2001 on Win7?
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Gear maniac

I just picked up a matrix1000 and have been getting good results using CTRLR. Besides a stand alone editor it will run as a VST which can be nice, like having a matrix plugin.
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaeground View Post
like having a matrix plugin.
i just threw up a little in my mouth
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky909 View Post
i just threw up a little in my mouth
Did you have too many drinks or is there something wrong with editing the matrix from a sequencer?
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaeground View Post
Did you have too many drinks or is there something wrong with editing the matrix from a sequencer?
comparing it to a vst is what did it...
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Gear maniac

It's an editor for the hardware that you can run like a VST or AU. I don't understand the problem. I use the CTRLR for my tx81z as well. Very useful for things like automating parameters.
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Gear interested

No go for Matrix 2001 on a Windows 7 machine for me either. Wouldn't let me run the setup.exe - even in compatibility mode.

Ctrlr looks very promising, though no one has actually finished a Matrix 1000 template for it yet.
4th December 2013
Old 4th December 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
I think I still prefer Synlib Matrix 6, but this is a very capable editor.
Can you get SYNLIB working on windows 7 64b SP1?

I agree the M2001 is pretty good. Sounddiver and Midiquest are flaky.

In M2001 I find myself spending 5 hours straight making patches, studded dub step basses and such.

Question 2: does anyone have a good library of modern sounds to post for the M6R?

happy oberheiming
DSI Tetra, DSI Mopho keys, Alesis Andromeda A6, Oberheim Xpander, Alesis ION, Roland Juno 106, Oberheim Matrix 6r, Access Virus TI, Novation BassStation Rack, SCI Prophet 600, Roland JP-8000, Roland MC-505 Groovebox, RME MultiFace II + some other stuff
22nd June 2014
Old 22nd June 2014
Gear interested

hi, can't find an install for Matrix 2001 editor, can someone upload it again??

thanks,
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search