Before I start, here's the LINK
to my musical project, Ctheranon Instrument so you can get an ideea of what I do.
I'll probably start giggin in summer or such and I'm starting to see the problems that rise.
Although I do most of my stuff ITB (better workflow IMO) and it would be more convenient to use the laptop, it's not that stable (i.e. Ricoh firewire chipset) and I can't afford to risk.
I will have the following live members: guitar, cello and clarinet - me on voice and keyboards.
And now... the questions:
1. should I try and get a drummer or just use a drum machine?
2. keyboardist for bass synth or sequenced bass?
3. my most used softsynths are Absynth, GlassViper, HG Fortune STS - are there any modules similar to this to be used in a live situation? Or could you please recommend some synth modules?
4. I was considering getting a sequencer just to be safe, but as I said, I work mostly ITB so I don't want to spend a big amount of money on stuff that I'll probably use only in a live situation - is the RS7000 of any use besides a live one? (or any other sequencer / workstation)
5. any similar hardware box that does what Crowd Chamber does (for voice)?
My ideal setup would be a custom made PC (a rock solid setup) with a custom made box and touch screen (i.e. MV8800 / MPC clone w/ MIDI controllers and a BIG screen), but I talked with the guy I was suppose to work with and it would take too long to finish, so I'm considering alternatives.