Nord WAVE Vs. Virus TI
DarkPlasma
10th April 2008
Old 10th April 2008
Lives for gear

Nord WAVE Vs. Virus TI

Sorry about posting this twice...last thread had the wrong title...

Hi all!

I make dance music, particularely progressive house.

I recently made the decision to step it up with my gear, considering I only use software this moment, and buy myself my FIRST hardware synth, followed by a hardware compressor etc...

I know there are a lot of people here who love to talk GEAR, I am one of them )

Just wanted to ask you which one do you think is better - Nord WAVE OR Virus TI Keyboard?

Did someone here USE BOTH and can tell me what they think regarding the overall fatness of the sound and etc... since I know they are roughly the same price.

While I am at it. What compressor would you recommend to PUMP the living s*** out of your kicks? Im thinking about the Distressor and + the Fatso for that, but wanted to hear others' opinion.

Has anyone here used Lexicon MX400 ?? AND GTR3 from Waves? How would you compare the two in terms of quality? They are roughly the same price, but I hear you just cant go wrong with Lexicon.

Finally, since the Mutronics Mutator has gone out of production :(( I want to get the Sherman 2. Now, I know its an insanely-experimental and has TONS of control, but I also heard that it can be pretty difficult achieving a regular sweep. Anyone here used one? Is that true?

Thank you!
10th April 2008
Old 10th April 2008
Lives for gear

What software are you using now and what is your software set up not giving you that you want to get from hardware?
10th April 2008
Old 10th April 2008
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by n***N View Post

Just wanted to ask you which one do you think is better - Nord WAVE OR Virus TI Keyboard?

Did someone here USE BOTH and can tell me what they think regarding the overall fatness of the sound and etc... since I know they are roughly the same price.
Have not tried the Nordwave, but I have a Nordlead2 and Virus TI. While the ND2 sounds great, IMO the TI has more bottom end while the ND2 has more brightness, it's a cleaner sound. Then again, the bottom end on the TI is very digital sounding but does really well through a class a Pre to warm up the signal. It is difficult to compare the two since they are both such great synths. The TI is a bit more animated in the sounds and than the ND2 and has more selection separated by catagory, but there are times when I just prefer to use the Nord or I end up layering the two. Most users here will recommend buying both, but the TI just has more bang for the buck in features than a ND2.

Not that excited about the Nordwave, I expected a bit more from Clavia since my ND2 has been a steady workhorse for over 10 years, I love it. I hear there is a new synth from Nord in the works.
DarkPlasma
10th April 2008
Old 10th April 2008
Lives for gear

Thanks Popbott!

Yeah I hear ya, layering both would be wicked )

Heard nothing but good things about the Virus so far, and I think thats the one im gonna get.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search