Login / Register

Anyone successfully processed external audio through creamwares ASB synths?
New Reply
Subscribe
perx
12th July 2007
Old 12th July 2007
Lives for gear

Anyone successfully processed external audio through creamwares ASB synths?

I tried patching in audio through both minimax and prodyssey.. cant make it work. Wanted to test how the filters sound on loops, etc.. But I do not get any sound out at all..

The manual BRIEFLY says something about this but nothing in depth.. (which is really strange).

So.. if anyone here managed to process audio through the external ins - please let me know how you did it..

THANKS.
12th July 2007
Old 12th July 2007
Lives for gear

I presume you will need to trigger the envelopes to open the VCA with midi
or the output will be silent..just mute the vco's and the onlz sound will be the sound going thru the filter...
12th July 2007
Old 12th July 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
or the output will be silent..just mute the vco's and the onlz sound will be the sound going thru the filter...
amen, all my newer aux in synths require some sort of midi trigger to use am as a filterbank.
12th July 2007
Old 12th July 2007
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
That's the way.
If there is a MIDI note that triggers the loop that you want to filter send it to the ASB too, or just program or play one.
perx
13th July 2007
Old 13th July 2007
Lives for gear

yeah.. this solved it on the Minimax and the prodyssey.. STill have not managed to get the Audio In to work on the Creamware Pro 12..

if anyone knows the way on the pro 12.. Lemme know,

But on the mini and prodyssey... it works!

Thanks Guys!!!
13th July 2007
Old 13th July 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

check w/ planet Z forums.
thats where the creamware braintrust hangs out.

there a "ASB and Klangbox" section
13th July 2007
Old 13th July 2007
Gear maniac

Hi Perx,

How's the sound of the prodyssey comparing to soft synths? I'm really interested in getting one. Looks pretty sexy on pic!
perx
13th July 2007
Old 13th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatmusic View Post
Hi Perx,

How's the sound of the prodyssey comparing to soft synths? I'm really interested in getting one. Looks pretty sexy on pic!
you know what.. I PAID for tons of software synths.. Native Instruments are some of my favourites.. But I dont want to comment on how hardware sounds compared to software - I leave that discussion to others.. I like software to whip up some fast ideas - but I always go to hardware for the real deal!

But what I can say is that the prodyssey is one creative bastard to work with! I am a hands on guy and nothing beats working with sliders and switches with both hands and making changes to the sound straight away. For me, working with hardware has a totally diffirent work flow than software - which in turn means the sounds I get out sound alot better, and I become more creative..

with that said.. I think the prodyssey is one of my favourites. and I have tons of hardware synths and machines..

Its easy to change settings and sliders, and the sound is fabulous.. I say grab one if you can - since it seems Creamware┬┤s own production is now down..
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search