is there a difference between LE and M Powered?
jjay13
26th June 2007
Old 26th June 2007
Gear nut

is there a difference between LE and M Powered?

I am looking to upgrade my recording quality with new interfaces and I want to stick with pro tools because I absolutley need to learn the program. I will spend the little extra money to get profire lightbridge with the ensemble by apogee. The only thing is that the lightbridge requires M-powered to be used....I currently use LE. Are there any differences between M-Powered and LE?

I know LE is very similar to HD.
26th June 2007
Old 26th June 2007
Gear Head

I would only think so. IMO anything made by M-Audio means lots of noise, and lots of cut corners to make cheaper production costs. Look for yourself though. M-AUDIO - ProFire Lightbridge - 34-in/36-out FireWire Lightpipe Interface

The one nice thing about M-Audio is the tell you what you are buying where some products just like secrets. Compare and contrast to higher models and cheaper models.
26th June 2007
Old 26th June 2007
Lives for gear

As far as I am aware it is identical.
I must grab M-Powered as I have the lightbridge with my SSL alphalinks and it works fine so far.
I would much prefer a PCI solution, but it works so far!
26th June 2007
Old 26th June 2007
M-Powered doesn't support the DV Toolkit 2 or Digitranslator, so if you need either of those features for any reason then you could have a problem...
jjay13
26th June 2007
Old 26th June 2007
Gear nut

koo thanks to all...i gotta look over it and do more research about it. I kinda jss wanna stick with LE cuz im conditioned to it haha
27th June 2007
Old 27th June 2007
Gear Head

they are basically the same

PT LE and PT M-Powered are identical except for M-Powered will not support the DV toolkit or Digitranslator (both expensive video add ons). LE isn't available individually anyway. Only bundled with software.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search