Probably the most embarrassingly noobish question this year.
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Probably the most embarrassingly noobish question this year.

I am very limited with MIDI so needless to say I am behind the times. I used the sequencing in PT5 w/Opcode as the MIDI engine with KurzPC2R for the longest. Now I want to start fresh with Kontact or Reason using sample libraries. My questions are these:

#1. With CoreMIDI in OSX, will it see my MOTU MIDI XT?

#2. With a MIDI to USB cable, do I even need the MIDI XT?

#3. Are most of these programs easy with assigning 'what controller effects what instrument?'

In other words, couldn’t I just plug say - two keyboard controllers straight into the MAC/PC, or a 4 way USB port to the cpu, and Kontact or Reason or (insert software here) will see it and let you control the parameters from the controller as if it were a mouse?

Thanks.
Old 8th February 2007
Gear interested

1. yes

2. no

3. yes. you can set up the various midi-usb interfaces (or the ports of the motu interface) in the audio/midi setup utility in osx. then, in your music app, you can set up which tracks/instruments/etc receive info from which midi port in core midi

btw.. we have the same last name...long lost brothers?
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas412 View Post
1. yes

2. no

3. yes. you can set up the various midi-usb interfaces (or the ports of the motu interface) in the audio/midi setup utility in osx. then, in your music app, you can set up which tracks/instruments/etc receive info from which midi port in core midi

btw.. we have the same last name...long lost brothers?
Could be...well at least cuzzins. So there really isnt much of a reason to keep the MOTU piece if Im going all softsampler is there? Thanks for the response guy.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search