Back in town. I've spent the day fixing odds and ends - mounting the transformers in the case, dremelling the heat sink for the 3055 transistors, and installing the range pins into the pots (awful job!). Still waiting on a couple of capacitors - i've been sent 56uF/25V rather than 68uF/35V @ C53 & C54 - I want to correct this value. I've also ordered some 390uF caps for C83, even though I have some 460uF's that'll be OK for the position. I'll A/B for difference.
Right now i'm trying to get my head around the power supply - i'm a monkey see, monkey do kind of builder, but I can't find any photos of a completed and enclosed power supply. Maybe a good sleep and it'll all become clear.
Anyway some pics:
Coming together nicely.
I want to try and source some smaller nuts for aesthetic reasons - the ones supplied with the pots are some big boppers. If I can track down some more streamlined nuts it'll look better with the chickenhead knobs.
A few mods needed with a dremel to get the heat sink fitting nice and flush on the PCB.
Trafos mounted to the case. I never received a mini PCB to run with the 10-pin trafo so i'll have to work out a solution. Maybe some 1mm ferrules will do the trick.
Anyway, that's progress so far. Now... time to nut out how I run two 4-pin XLRs from this bunch of options.