Soundcraft LX7 dead rail
New Reply
Subscribe
davehaven
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Gear interested

Soundcraft LX7 dead rail

Greetings fellow audio geeksters. I have a first version Soundcraft Spirit LX7 24:4:2 monitor board. After several years of neglect (storage, not abuse) I find that upon power-up only on of the ±17V rail LED indicator lights up. Angling the board and a discrete whack to the side makes the second rail indicator flicker. I've found some information indicating that the PSU uses a ribbon connector that desolders over time from the main board due to cable stress (cheapo build). I remember this to be a pretty decent board when I bought it fifteen years ago. My question is: Is there any way I could replace-resolder-substitute the ribbon cable and/or connector? I have mid-level tech repair and maintenance skills and I'm handy with a soldering iron. I'm definitely not sending it to Soundcraft for service, but it seems kind of like a waste to let it just go to hell. Any advice would be great.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search