Hi guys ....
I just got huge box of NOS neve modules from 80s series!!! just dont ask ... I just cant believe.
.....there is 1271, 1272 x2 , 1278 x2, 1901, 1943 x3 and many more + faders, switches, rotarys .. all nos NEVE!!!
So I decided to convert 2x 1278 to 1290!!they have 10468 transformers already and BA 283 if im right .... I need to do next!!
1. remove huge heat sinkwith 2n3055 and return it on 283 module
2. Remove original 1278 output transformers and put LO1166 ( im lucky and i got 2 oscillator modules so i will use original 1166 for this modification from that modules)
3. add another 283 card per module and use amp gain like 1290 (1073) ....
I have few spare
.. got like 6 pcs in a box with parts!
4. add L31267 pre module for line input ( ta taaaaa have original few pieces)
5. add rotary switch ... for gain selection ... ( also got like 20 pcs new in box)
.... and to do some rewiring!!!
is there anything else i must take care or mod some card??
I have 1073 and love it ... this should be like having 1073 without EQs with line and mic PRE!!! and DI and 48V PSU