Cubase 7.5 + Reason (Rewire)
Old 11th December 2013
Gear interested

Cubase 7.5 + Reason (Rewire)

Hey there,
I just bought the new Cubase 7.5 Version and wanne use it with Reason 4 throuh Rewire (both 32bit). Now I have the problem that there is a strange crackling noise at the beginning everytime I play a sound in the Sample Browser of Reason (Redrum) and Cubase 7.5 and Reason doesnt really work sync sometimes. Also the sound always interrupts everytime I play the whole arrangement and change a sound in Reason Redrum during that. I used to work with Ableton and Reason and there was no interruption or crackling noise at all.

Does anybody work with Cubase 7.5 (or just 7) and similar setup and have problems too?

My system: Win7, i5, 8gb, ssd, Tc electronic konnekt 6 firewire interface with latest driver

Thanks!
X
Old 12th December 2013
Gear interested

Anybody who is working with Cubase 7 (or 7.5) and Reason through Rewire?
Old 26th January 2014
Gear nut

Bump i'm curious if this works
Old 27th January 2014
Gear addict

Hello XtotheZ,

Have you contacted Propellerhead? Maybe Reason 4 is not compatible with Cubase 7.5 I doubt that they have tested it with Cubase 7 or higher.
I have checked and Cubase 7.5 is working with Reason 6 and 7.

Best regards,
GN
Old 3rd February 2014
Gear interested

Im waiting for feedback from Propellerheads now...
I've tried it with the Demo of the latest Reason Essentials 2 + Cubase 7.5 (both 32bit), didnt work right too. After that I've tried it with Cubase Version 5 and it works perfectly, so it seems like there is a problem with the new version of Cubase and the older version of Reason...
Old 15th February 2014
Gear interested

I can not make Cubase 7.5 and Reason 7 connect through Rewire. It doesn't sync up, and midi ports are not available. Very strange.
Old 18th February 2014
Gear interested

I am having the same problem. Have been using these programs for years, but now with 7.5 I can't get them (reason and cubase) to link up.
Old 18th February 2014
Gear addict

Hello,

And have you contacted support, both Steinberg and Propellerhead? Unfortunately I only have Reason 6 so I cannot test it.
Are you sure both versions are either 32 or 64 bits?

Best regards,
GN
Old 24th February 2014
Gear interested

Hey there,
still having the problem. I wrote Propellerheads 3 times now but no reply... Dont know why. Steinberg support sent me a link for Cubase 5.5 and it works perfect with Reason. I have also installed the latest update 7.5.10 for Cubase, still having the same problems with Rewire. But it seems like I'm not alone with the problem... Did somebody hit up Propellerheads too and asked for help?

PS: Both versions are 32bit
Old 5th May 2014
Gear interested

Hey,

Would you mind give me the information they sent you for Cubase 5.5? I can't get this to rewire either with Reason 7, both running in 32 bit mode.

Thanks.
Old 15th May 2014
Gear interested

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased cubase 7.5 and I had reason 7.1. When I tried to rewire them, at first it didn't work out. So I came to this forum and saw other people having the same "not synching" problem. So I decided to play with it. And guess what??? It worked perfectly in both 32 and 64 bit modes.

So, here what did the same exact way in both modes:

1. Open reason in your preferred mode at first, then close it, quit.

2. Open Cubase in the same 32 or 64 bit mode as you opened reason.

3. Then launch reason rewire from cubase and activate L & R channels.

4. Launch Reason, and voila!!!

They should be working well in sync.

Let me know if anyone needs more help.

Good luck!
Old 30th May 2014
Gear interested

Hey there,
I've tried what you wrote @pianist80, but it still doesnt work for me. Do u have to do these steps everytime u rewire the programs? Do you have an older Reason Version u could try and tell me if that works for u with Cub 7.5?

Also I've installed the Cubase 7.5.2 Update but no difference, Im still having issues when I select sounds (wavs) in the Reason Samplebrowser with "autoplay" that I have to play it twice to hear the full sounds, like its not in sync with Cubase. I dont have these problems with the older Cubase 5.5 Version.

@garethmoss They sent me a link for Cubase 5.5 download, u can use it with ur 7.5 License. If u like I can dm it to you.
Old 27th July 2014
Gear interested

HI @XtotheZ I'm running Cubase 5.5.3 what version did they send you the link to?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

@garethmoss they sent it for 5.5.0. Are you using it together with Reason?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search