Importing C6 key commands into C7.
Old 20th November 2013
Gear nut

Importing C6 key commands into C7.

I'm trying to import my C6 key commands into C7 but C7 doesn't recognize the XML save file from C6. Instead it appears to be looking for a file with a ".key" extension. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Already copied the pref files from User/<me>/AppData/Steinberg/Roaming/Cubase 6_64 to User/<me>/AppData/Steinberg/Roaming/Cubase 7_64 then renamed the ShuttlePro.xml file to ShuttlePro.key to no avail.
Old 20th November 2013
Gear Head

The Import function doesn't actually work. This should though:

Save a Key Commands preset in Cubase 6, then go copy that file from User/<me>/AppData/Steinberg/Roaming/Cubase 6_64/Presets/Key Commands to the same folder for Cubase 7.

It will then appear in the drop down menu in the Key Commands window.
Old 1st December 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinChicago View Post
The Import function doesn't actually work. This should though:

Save a Key Commands preset in Cubase 6, then go copy that file from User/<me>/AppData/Steinberg/Roaming/Cubase 6_64/Presets/Key Commands to the same folder for Cubase 7.

It will then appear in the drop down menu in the Key Commands window.
Finally found the answer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YscUE5-2DhM

Last edited by optofonik; 1st December 2013 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: Solved
Old 1st December 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by optofonik View Post
Cubase 7 no longer uses the .xml file format for key commands. It want tos see a file with the extension .key
No, that's backwards! It's the .key file that is deprecated, and for whatever reason they have not removed the facility to import them. KC files and almost all the settings files are xml files.

What I am saying is that even though it appears that you should use the import function to import a .key file, there is no way to create one. Therefore it must be done manually.

The way to get the file into your C7 installation is to save a Key Commands preset in C6, go fish it out of its settings folder and move it manually to the Key Commands preset folder that belongs to Cubase 7.
Old 1st December 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by optofonik View Post
Finally found the answer here:

New Application Setting (Windows) - YouTube
Ah. So the question did not actually concern how to import KCs into Cubase, but how to get the Shuttle Pro to be active in Cubase 7.
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinChicago View Post
Ah. So the question did not actually concern how to import KCs into Cubase, but how to get the Shuttle Pro to be active in Cubase 7.

Yes indeed and it had been so long since I had set it up... well I figured it out.

Same video, I think.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search