New Reply
Subscribe
Dogger Pond
27th September 2013
Old 27th September 2013
Gear interested

How do we save the mixer settings on Nuendo 6

Hi all,

Anyone figure out how to save the mixer settings to apply it to another song?
Mixing a jazz CD, same basic settings from one tune to the next.
Used to right-click on the board, 'save selected channels' but that's gone now and no mention in the manual...

Anyone?

Thanks
28th September 2013
Old 28th September 2013
Gear maniac

I do it like this: save project, delete all events on tracks, selecting all tracks, export selected tracks. Now I have template with all my settings in mix cosole to use in next project.

Repliee - producer & remixer
www.soundcloud.com/repliee

http://soundcloud.com/repliee/candy-girl-dj-adamus-just-do
28th September 2013
Old 28th September 2013
Gear maniac

And I can import these tracks to any project in session.
30th September 2013
Old 30th September 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioprojekt View Post
I do it like this: save project, delete all events on tracks, selecting all tracks, export selected tracks. Now I have template with all my settings in mix cosole to use in next project.
That's the long way around for sure. You still can use save/load selected channels, it's just in a different place in the mixer - look for a dropdown triangular box in the upper mid/right section of the mixer.
www.strandedonaplanet.com
www.facebook.com/strandedonaplanet
www.twitter.com/strandedplanet
http://www.soundcloud.com/strandedonaplanet
Watch our studio bio video here and get to know us a bit - http://youtu.be/3hb_Zi_zry4
See our new video for "The Top Shelf" for GC Pro here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyylfNLrUJ0
30th September 2013
Old 30th September 2013
Lives for gear

Select chs right click and there's your options.
30th September 2013
Old 30th September 2013
Lives for gear

Select chs right click and there's your options.
1st October 2013
Old 1st October 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Animus
This is one of those things I wish they would make better. I'd love a way, for example, to save a vst multiout drum kit with all the effects, sends, groups etc as a monolithic preset and quickly be able to load it up in another project, without having to rebuild everything for the most part. Instrument tracks are sort of a step in the right direction but very limited in this regard.
1st October 2013
Old 1st October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
This is one of those things I wish they would make better. I'd love a way, for example, to save a vst multiout drum kit with all the effects, sends, groups etc as a monolithic preset and quickly be able to load it up in another project, without having to rebuild everything for the most part. Instrument tracks are sort of a step in the right direction but very limited in this regard.
Track archives aren't what you're looking for?
2nd October 2013
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Track archives aren't what you're looking for?
I believe that won't save vsti's and it's channels.
2nd October 2013
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I believe that won't save vsti's and it's channels.
I believe it does,
2nd October 2013
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I believe it does,
Just tried to export vsti channels and it said the selected track cannot be exported.
2nd October 2013
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

first I "save as" my project as my template name (not the same name as the tracking project) then I delete the tracks, then remove tacks in the pool, then I will "Save as New Template".

should be the same as Nuendo I've been using for the past 12 years.

now you might wanna try this out and see if this fixes this:

to reset the preferences you can do these instructions and it rebuilds the files from the system registry:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support...wledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=Preferences

if it doesn't fix it, it would be interesting if something is blocking the XML code from executing in the background (via by some stupid anti-malware or antivirus software). Or your trying to run this on an encyrpted drive without installing the program as an Administrator and the file permissions are messed up somehow.
2nd October 2013
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

oh yea, last time I switched machines, I had to disable the non-execute bit for my nuendo to work properly on a newer AMD pc machine. Had to do the authorize drive thing once before when switching it to an apple G5 tower
2nd October 2013
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just tried to export vsti channels and it said the selected track cannot be exported.
Well I did a quick try by creating an instrument track, putting Retrologue on it, choosing a sound, creating a group, putting an instance of a reverb on it, sending to that group, made sure it played and then saved the two as track archive. Then I deleted them and selected import track archive, navigated to the file, and the two tracks came back and played back.

So I don't know what to tell you. Is that what you were aiming to do?
3rd October 2013
Old 3rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well I did a quick try by creating an instrument track, putting Retrologue on it, choosing a sound, creating a group, putting an instance of a reverb on it, sending to that group, made sure it played and then saved the two as track archive. Then I deleted them and selected import track archive, navigated to the file, and the two tracks came back and played back.

So I don't know what to tell you. Is that what you were aiming to do?
Instrument tracks are mono-timbral with no multiple outputs. If they could expand Instrument tracks to include this functionality that would be ideal.
3rd October 2013
Old 3rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Instrument tracks are mono-timbral with no multiple outputs. If they could expand Instrument tracks to include this functionality that would be ideal.
Then I misunderstood what you were trying to do. You didn't mention multi-timbral VSTis in the instrument window.

How about just reducing the process as much as possible though? Load your instrument into the 'rack', get the instrument track automatically, and then have a saved track preset that you can apply to it. Wouldn't that be closer than starting from scratch?
3rd October 2013
Old 3rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Then I misunderstood what you were trying to do. You didn't mention multi-timbral VSTis in the instrument window.

How about just reducing the process as much as possible though? Load your instrument into the 'rack', get the instrument track automatically, and then have a saved track preset that you can apply to it. Wouldn't that be closer than starting from scratch?
I mentioned multiout drum vsts as an example. To me that would be starting from scratch, especially when you have a lot of bussing and aux sends as †rack presets seem to not want to remember the right sends and routing.. I saved out a track preset for a track and then later loaded it in the same song with the same busses as before and I still had to manually assign the sends and output. I am talking about being about to load up one preset and it recalls everything, vsti, inserts, busses and routing. I suspect, in regards to vstis, it has to do in part the way Cubendo loads vstis in a separate rack and not integrated like it is in Logic or Studio One. Speaking of Studio One, one thing Cubendo needs is better freezing like the Transform feature in Studio One. Right now when you freeze a vsti it doesn't freeze any plugins you have on the outputs which kind of defeats the purpose of freeing up resources by freezing.
3rd October 2013
Old 3rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I mentioned multiout drum vsts as an example. To me that would be starting from scratch, especially when you have a lot of bussing and aux sends as †rack presets seem to not want to remember the right sends and routing.. I saved out a track preset for a track and then later loaded it in the same song with the same busses as before and I still had to manually assign the sends and output. I am talking about being about to load up one preset and it recalls everything, vsti, inserts, busses and routing
Ah, yes, track presets won't give you what you need. I see that now. Bummer.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search