Touch screen for Cubase?
New Reply
Subscribe
Jay-
24th September 2013
Old 24th September 2013
Lives for gear

Touch screen for Cubase?

Main Daw, nuendo 6. (Or cubase its the same concept)
Second is a full blown microsoft touch screen PC.
I want to use it to automate plugins or as a control surface.
Its linked with the Wifi and also bluetooth to my main rig.
26th September 2013
Old 26th September 2013
Gear maniac

One way: Preferably link the two PCs with Gigabit ethernet, you can use a crossed cable even. Get TightVNC (free and better than TeamViewer). Install and enable as Service on the main PC. Install on touchscreen PC. Open session from small to big PC and select mixer screen, you have the main desktop visible now. Use fingers on faders etc.

Another way: Get an iPad, iPhone or Android tablet or phone. Install rtpMIDI on main PC. Install any of the many Mackie emulators on the handheld. DAW Remote HD is nice on iOS. TouchDaw is nice on Android. Connect from handheld and configure Cubase for Mackie over the virtual port. There may be a Mackie emulator for PC, look around. Maybe use an android emulator on the PC to run TouchDAW?
26th September 2013
Old 26th September 2013
Gear addict

With Windows 8 having touch screen capability like seen on Sony computers, I can see Cubase offering touch screen in the future as well. That would be bad news for Steven Slates Raven though
Jay-
26th September 2013
Old 26th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernand View Post
One way: Preferably link the two PCs with Gigabit ethernet, you can use a crossed cable even. Get TightVNC (
Can this be done on a wireless network?
The tablet is so small it has no physical Ethernet cable connection.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search