Favorite method to time stretch part of a cue?
Old 23rd September 2013
Lives for gear

Favorite method to time stretch part of a cue?

Greets

So, I have a bunch of cues with live violin players - 26 total. In one of the cues, they went off tempo a bit from the click track for a few bars. They are in sync with one another, but I need to correct the timing of these few bars by a few bpm.

Believe it or not, this is something I have never needed to do before. What is your favorite way - or the best way - to stretch just a few bars? I don't care about how time consuming it is; I am not after doing this as quickly as possible. I am trying to do this with the least amount of artifacts. What's the best way to go here, be it something in Cubase, or a 3rd party app?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd September 2013
Gear nut

You can approach this two different ways:

1- By utilizing the Object Selection Tool's "Sizing Applies Time Stretch" option (pages 76-77 of the Cubase 7 Operational Manual).

2- Via AudioWarp Quantizing (pages 134-142 of the Cubase 7 Operation Manual).

The first option is the easiest. But if that fails, then the second option would be the next best thing.

HTH
Old 23rd September 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks for the reply.

Object Selection Tool's "Sizing Applies Time Stretch" option - that will stretch part of a track? If the track is 24 bars long - I can time stretch bars 9-12 only with this method?

AudioWarp Quantizing - will look into this later.

Cheers.

--edit--

Done - with freewarp
Old 24th September 2013
Gear nut

Forgot about FreeWarp. That will do it!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search