Cubase 7 Panning Problem
Old 21st September 2013
Gear interested

Cubase 7 Panning Problem

I'm honestly so pissed right now! I'm having a problem where Cubase Artist 7 keeps sending MIDI pan CC messages to my VSTs (i.e. Kontakt 5) and to the Mixer. Even when I move the pan fader back to center on both the mixer and within Kontakt, it just jumps right back to left 87+ again. I do not have track automation or MIDI CC data recorded, nor do I have external game controllers, misc. This is freaking ridiculous as I'm at a complete work stoppage, and I just went through 30 minutes of trying to get logged into Steinberg tech support. Is anyone aware of a remedy for this issue (aside from seeking a new DAW sequencer)?
Old 22nd September 2013
Lives for gear

Do you have any controllers attached at all?

Seems the most likely culprit if you are certain you didn't record any cc
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Do you have any controllers attached at all?
My first thought, but he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbowmusic View Post
... nor do I have external game controllers, misc.
Outside of a MIDI kbd , you have no controller whatsoever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbowmusic View Post
I do not have track automation or MIDI CC data recorded,
Are you absolutely sure? Check again.

Is your MIDI kbd on when this happens? Try turrning it off, and also try disconnecting the MIDI cable that goes from your kbd to your interface. I hav seen some wierdness with my old cable when it started to fail.

Does this happen in all projects, or just one? Have you tried trashing your prefs?
Old 25th September 2013
Gear maniac

How about quick controls, anything being used or assigned?
I had a weird problem when setting up controller maps for a MS2000.
The quick controls were being initiated by default on new midi tracks and confusing the controller messages coming from the MS2000. All kinds of crazy shit would happen.

Worth a look.
Old 17th February 2014
Hows it going ??? I was wondering if you figured out a way to fix this issue?? I'm going crazy over here I am having the exact same problem you are having!!
Old 30th March 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
My first thought, but he said:

Outside of a MIDI kbd , you have no controller whatsoever?

Are you absolutely sure? Check again.

Is your MIDI kbd on when this happens? Try turrning it off, and also try disconnecting the MIDI cable that goes from your kbd to your interface. I hav seen some wierdness with my old cable when it started to fail.

Does this happen in all projects, or just one? Have you tried trashing your prefs?
Yes ... yes .. no ... yes (all) ... yes.

Last edited by chrisbowmusic; 30th March 2014 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: Knee-jerk reaction.
Old 30th March 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveATheHudson View Post
Hows it going ??? I was wondering if you figured out a way to fix this issue?? I'm going crazy over here I am having the exact same problem you are having!!
Yes, the problem persists. I did notice that the "MIDI pan" in the far-left inspector area gets turned on somehow instead of holding the "off" default position. There is no work-around that I'm aware, just turn it back off (and wait for it to happen again in your next project).

Last edited by chrisbowmusic; 30th March 2014 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: More info available.
Old 16th July 2014
Gear interested

FYI, the problem was my Akai MPK61 controller keyboard. It has a Cubase preset that, when used, sends erroneous pan controller data to Cubase and even Kontakt in stand-alone mode. I started using the MPK61's Ableton preset since Cubase still recognizes the transport commands. Hope this helps anyone else having this issue.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search