Old 16th June 2013
Gear interested

New Cubase 7 user

I just ordered cubase 7 and should get it in the mail on tuesday the 18th.....previously I've used Nuendo 4 with waves 9 plugins. What do i have to look forward to? Is there any difference in the audio engines? Plugins? Clarity? I record christian hip hop!
Old 16th June 2013
Lives for gear

C7 is streets ahead of N4. Lots of useful new functions. And you'll enjoy the new compressors and tape emulation too.

Sent from my GT-I9300
Old 16th June 2013
Gear interested

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
Old 17th June 2013
Lives for gear

tape emulation too ???

in cubase 7 ? is it in N6 as well ?

thank you john
Old 17th June 2013
Gear maniac

To the OP: Enjoy your new DAW. Downloaded the demo couple of days ago. Tis' feature rich to say the least.
Old 17th June 2013
Gear addict

Hello all,

Quote:
tape emulation too ???

in cubase 7 ? is it in N6 as well ?
Yes, you have a Tape saturation plug-in integrated in the channel strip of the mixer in both Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6.

Best regards,
GN
Old 17th June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo N View Post
Hello all,

Yes, you have a Tape saturation plug-in integrated in the channel strip of the mixer in both Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6.

Best regards,
GN
Tape Saturation is not the same as a tape emulation - I was always taught not to over saturate tape.....I think the OP is looking at something similar to Open Reel/UAD Studer-Ampex/Magnetic/VTM/Kramer Tape etc.....
Old 17th June 2013
Lives for gear

is this similar to the Harrison MixBus tape saturation ? and thank you for letting us know that ... i need to look in the Racks again in N6 .. john
Old 18th June 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
is this similar to the Harrison MixBus tape saturation ? and thank you for letting us know that ... i need to look in the Racks again in N6 .. john
Don't know about the Harrison stuff but the Steinberg saturation comes in two flavours.. Tape Saturation and Tube Saturation.

Seems to be hit and miss as far as working on material.
Can get to be too much real quick.
So far I like it a lot as another flavour.
I have the UAD stuff...Studer, Ampex, Fatso and
it doesn't do what they do, but that goes the other way round as well.

The channel strip section seemed like overkill to me at first.
Now I 'm really enjoying the freedom of not having to load a plugin
for some of these tasks. I've managed to get some pretty
tasty drums sounds using the strip on Electronic and Acoustic drums.

I, for one, like the strip.
Old 18th June 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, the tape saturation and tube saturation in the "STRIP" are a nice addition. I think they can be overused EASILY (especially the tube). Unless you're going for an outright "effect" keeping the drive knob under 1db I think (stupid mix console UI so tiny) it sounds great as a low mid thickener. Sorta tapey.

Personally the uh (E) window. Whatever you call it when you click the (E) is quite nice. Spectrum on each one, EQ is quite flexible and modifying that window graphically is a pleasure.

The Tube and Vintage compressors work nicely and each has it's own unique flavor. The mix console is just quite blah unless you really get in there and gussy it up a bit.

In all the earlier versions of Cubase since SX you couldn't resize the (F3) mix window (which was fine as clean for me but someone must have complained). Now the issues are some things are WAY to big and somethings are much too small.

Performance isn't as awesome as 6.5 on OSX for most of us.

Oh and the default darker interface is kinda depressing haha
Old 18th June 2013
Gear addict

Hi John,

Actually Cubase and Nuendo does come with a demo for the Vintage Open Deck from the Yamaha Plug-in collection.

Vintage Open Deck

Best regards,
GN
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search