Cubase 7.04 Buglist
New Reply
Subscribe
Alexxis
29th May 2013
Old 29th May 2013
Gear interested

Cubase 7.04 Buglist

Buglist 7.04 so far. Sorted after my personal priority. Feel free to add, comment, or best: proove me wrong! ;-)

1. It´s not possible to import an Midifile into the current project by doubleclicking. Instead Cubase asks for a new projectfolder.

2. Same problem if you try using the Open command in the context menu.

3. If you use the command Copy in the Context Menu of Media Data Base it looks like it would copy the file to the clipboard. (At least a window pops up saying this). But after that you can not paste anything in the project!

4. Dialogwindow popup at the strangest places of screen. Sometimes you can´t read or even grab them.

5. Scrub and Playicon in Contextmenu is exchanged. Clicking on Scrubicon activates Play-Tool and vice versa.
bitewounds
29th May 2013
Old 29th May 2013
bitewounds

On a Mac, STILL randomly losing VST bridge whenever Cubase finds that I'm using a few 32-bit plugs too many. This is indefensible, after the xth update. Every time you lose the bridge, you have to restart, and god help you if you didn't save before you lost the bridge, because if you save once it's gone and open it up again all 32-bit plugs will be reset to their default state = potentiallyy hours of work are gone. In-de-fen-si-ble.
29th May 2013
Old 29th May 2013
Lives for gear

using Cubase or any programs bit bridge sucks if plug ins use jbridge if susing VSTi as well use VE Pro.
problem solved
bitewounds
30th May 2013
Old 30th May 2013
bitewounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcschild View Post
using Cubase or any programs bit bridge sucks if plug ins use jbridge if susing VSTi as well use VE Pro.
problem solved
Thanks dude, but also understand that I don't feel like BUYING stuff just to overcome the faults of software I have steadily been paying for for about 8 years now. It's sickening to have to deal with SOME shit every single time they release upgrades and updates. Whenever the time is right to learn a new DAW I'll finally go Reaper.
30th May 2013
Old 30th May 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitewounds View Post
Thanks dude, but also understand that I don't feel like BUYING stuff just to overcome the faults of software I have steadily been paying for for about 8 years now. It's sickening to have to deal with SOME shit every single time they release upgrades and updates. Whenever the time is right to learn a new DAW I'll finally go Reaper.
what you are not getting is ANY DAW bit bridge SUCKS. Cubase suchs less than average, and reaper sure as heck aint better than Cubase not in a million yrs.

you want it to work right then you buy a bit bridge or use only 32 bit plug/software or only 64 bit plugs software.

plug ins Jbridge $39 i think. you cant afford that you need a new hobby
Vienna Ensemble Pro $249 if doing sample libraries

Scott
ADK
30th May 2013
Old 30th May 2013
Gear Head

Is the bug still there were if you use hardware inserts/sends you need to have the gear connected during boot up or it will crash the program
30th May 2013
Old 30th May 2013
Lives for gear

nuendo 6 gives the same message ... open a new project instead of adding the midid file (when it does add it played at half speed) i need to go back and test again to make sure i did nothing wrong ...

i have had the EQ and channel strip components (comp, gate) have nothing in them at all ... i had to reload the program ... now all is good ...

loving the new mixer myself ... seems ti fit the way i work so far .. coming from and still using PT ...

cheers

john
31st May 2013
Old 31st May 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTaylor View Post
Is the bug still there were if you use hardware inserts/sends you need to have the gear connected during boot up or it will crash the program
Yes.

Wys?ane z mojego X10i za pomoc? Tapatalk
bitewounds
1st June 2013
Old 1st June 2013
bitewounds

Quote:
what you are not getting is ANY DAW bit bridge SUCKS. Cubase suchs less than average, and reaper sure as heck aint better than Cubase not in a million yrs.
I WOULD get that, if only I could trust your word.

Quote:
you want it to work right then you buy a bit bridge or use only 32 bit plug/software or only 64 bit plugs software.

What you are not getting is that I have every reason to be pissed off if I have to spend additional money due to the fact that a big name (and thus expensive) software isn't working the way it's supposed to, so unless you work for Steinberg I don't see why the hell you're defending one of their inadequacies. And: 39 bucks is not nothing to me, perhaps particularly because this is not my hobby.
1st June 2013
Old 1st June 2013
Lives for gear

Hey body, it's true you have the right to be pissed off but jcschild gave you good advise here. By jbridge or VE Pro and be done with it. Trust me it's best just to move on...
2nd June 2013
Old 2nd June 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via MSN to chymer
Quote:

Scott
ADK
I would take this advice.

Sent from my GT-N7105T
2nd June 2013
Old 2nd June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitewounds View Post
I WOULD get that, if only I could trust your word.

What you are not getting is that I have every reason to be pissed off if I have to spend additional money due to the fact that a big name (and thus expensive) software isn't working the way it's supposed to, so unless you work for Steinberg I don't see why the hell you're defending one of their inadequacies. And: 39 bucks is not nothing to me, perhaps particularly because this is not my hobby.
I'm not sure what inadequacies you're talking about. I don't work for Steinberg (or Microsoft, Waves or Uad) and I run Cubase 6.07 64 bit running on Windows 7 64 bit running Waves and UAD 64 bit and and have absolutely no problems with plugins, VST's or hardware inserts.

I learned a long time ago to keep up with software upgrades. If you don't want to upgrade your software, you don't get the benefits. It's as simple as that. Just wait till the bugs are out of the initial release and pull the trigger. You'll be happier for it.

2nd June 2013
Old 2nd June 2013
Lives for gear

if you do not like the good advise given then perhaps you are willing to wait until the plugins you ned are all 64bit ... so, run in 32bit until your plugins are ready to go ....

this is what i am doing ... if i really need one of those 32bit plugs then i will boot into 32 bit version ...

sorry you are pissed. but 39.00 is not that bad IF the solution works ... if the Jbridge works great then maybe we should get a donation going for you for the 39.00 ... this was supposed to be funny so try not to jump to far down my throat

2nd June 2013
Old 2nd June 2013
Lives for gear

Just to clarify Jbridge is not $39.

It costs €14.99 which I believe is around $20.
2nd June 2013
Old 2nd June 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTaylor View Post
depends since .4 my out boards fire up ok if turned on after
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search