Phase issues - Plugins?
New Reply
Subscribe
rjo361
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Gear addict

Phase issues - Plugins?

hey are there any plugins within cubase 7 that reverse the polarity of tracks recorded di and mic'd? or are there any out there that you guys would recommend?

thanks
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via MSN to Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjo361 View Post
hey are there any plugins within cubase 7 that reverse the polarity of tracks recorded di and mic'd? or are there any out there that you guys would recommend?

thanks
Its built in, you dont need any plugin! Read the manual
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcase View Post
Its built in...
Indeed it is - check the pre section of the mixer / channel settings window. It's the incredibly small button just to the right of the pre-gain.
rjo361
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear addict

ok cool.. sorry for the stupid question and wasting your time but thanks a lot for helping out a newb
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eukali View Post
Indeed it is - check the pre section of the mixer / channel settings window. It's the incredibly small button just to the right of the pre-gain.
It depends on how you want it to show, it can be a bigger button if you want.
8th April 2013
Old 8th April 2013
Lives for gear

One of the best things about the cubase, nuendo mixer. Having a polarity switch like a real mixer. One of my issues with PT.
You can also select the clip, right clik/process/ phase reverse. This will do the file in case you are sending them out. I prefer the polarity button and channel batch export.
9th April 2013
Old 9th April 2013
Gear nut

10th April 2013
Old 10th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauli View Post
when you need a more sophisticated solution over few tracks, check Pi: Phase Interactions Mixer
Ive tried to wrap my head around this one, but what does it do?

Lets say we have a bastrack/kicktrack, can it fix places where the kick phases out due to the bas automatically, this would be awesome, but the plugin doesnt seem to have some sort of sideschain so how do it "listen " to one or the other tracks phase? Someone understand what I mean?

Downloaded the demo so gonna sit with this a while.
10th April 2013
Old 10th April 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcase View Post
Ive tried to wrap my head around this one, but what does it do?

Lets say we have a bastrack/kicktrack, can it fix places where the kick phases out due to the bas automatically, this would be awesome, but the plugin doesnt seem to have some sort of sideschain so how do it "listen " to one or the other tracks phase? Someone understand what I mean?

Downloaded the demo so gonna sit with this a while.
Just plug it on the drums and bass tracks and let it do its magic, it especially noticeable for the low-end frequencies.
But note that this is a phase correction operation. it is not mixing the bass and the kik to live together in "harmony" during mixing, for that you will need something else (where you will need a sidechain).
11th April 2013
Old 11th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauli View Post
Just plug it on the drums and bass tracks and let it do its magic, it especially noticeable for the low-end frequencies.
But note that this is a phase correction operation. it is not mixing the bass and the kik to live together in "harmony" during mixing, for that you will need something else (where you will need a sidechain).
Im interested in this plug, it seems if I put it on first kick track, and then the bas track... both shows up on the Pi scope that I put on the bastrack, means they must listened to each other. I mean there isnt anything to correct unless you have a second signal to compare phase with.
You cant just put a phase correction plug on a track and excpect it to do something (except flip the phase like on a console) So what the heck does it do if its not making i.e kick/bas live better in phaseland?
14th April 2013
Old 14th April 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks Shauli for this tip! Ive always wondered if no one could do such a plug, Fixing phase issues between kick/bas track got a whole lot simpler with this amazing plug, I talked to Radix and it works as I thought, awesome It should be in every engineers toolbag I think.
15th April 2013
Old 15th April 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjo361 View Post

thanks
UAD Little Labs IBP - try the 14 day version if you have a UAD card.
There's also Voxengo's PHA-979
Both the above are sophisticated phase manipulation tools & can be invaluable. If you really need one nothing else will do.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search