Benefits of Using Cubase 7 right now?
New Reply
Subscribe
sopre
1st March 2013
Old 1st March 2013
Gear maniac

Benefits of Using Cubase 7 right now?

Trying out Cubase 7 demo and like it. I bought Studio One Pro upgrade last month and like it. I do dance music so I like a quick workflow. In terms of workflow what does cubase 7 have over studio one that helps me as a producer? Certain features for example. I also like the score page. I use NI maschine also. I will continue to use the demo and possibly just stick with studio one for now.
1st March 2013
Old 1st March 2013
Gear nut

Well, a lot of people actually complain about the workflow because it's not one that you can just pick up and play with. It takes quite a bit of time to get used to all the routing and figuring out all of the "workarounds" for things.

However, some of the things that you might be interested in, include: Logical Editor, Sample Editor, Arrangement Track, the new mixer, comping and other features which I will probably be reminded of in a few posts.

These are some of the things that you might miss from Studio 1: Automation trim in things besides volume. A workaround might include copying and pasting the automation to a volume lane, trimming and then copying and pasting it back to its former track. You'll also miss the transform feature, simple bounce-in-place features and integrated Melodyne. In my opinion, programming notes in S1 is really intuitive because of the scale feature and what not. I think you can do that in Cubase but since it has a few more midi features, it can get a little counter-intuitive at times. You get used to it.

Overall, if you do dance music, there wouldn't be a problem with sticking to S1 because there aren't very many differences between the two programs unless you go really deep into either. That being said, I do think Cubase has a lot more "deeper" features that you might not ever use.

In terms of workflow, Cubase requires a lot more organization of your pool, sample libraries, presets and what have you. However, once you do finally get organized, it is awesome.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search