Cubase 7 Bug Report
Old 6th January 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Cubase 7 Bug Report

please report here your bugs in cubase 7!!!
Old 6th January 2013
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
shortcut for "read automation for selected tracks" doesn't work correctly - it selects numerous of tracks beside the selected track!!!
Old 6th January 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
once in a while i'm getting the message "waiting for video service" - when receiving that message cubase 7 is crashing!!!
Old 6th January 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Id suggest you'd send any bug reports to Steinberg instead. I doubt they hang around here...
Old 6th January 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
Id suggest you'd send any bug reports to Steinberg instead. I doubt they hang around here...
i'm in contact with them.
but i thought it would be helpful if every people wrote their problems and bugs!!!
i'm also going to send them the link to this thread!!!

so guys, please write down your bug reports!!!!
Old 6th January 2013
  #6
Gear maniac
 
Blunt's Avatar
I started a thread about this already, but there is a 1-2 dB difference in the output signal of cubase (using my audio interface's software to monitor level) when using the control room section of the mixer. If you disengage the control room, levels are back to normal. I have been advised that this is a known bug, but I thought this could still be helpful to post here for others.
Old 6th January 2013
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
I started a thread about this already, but there is a 1-2 dB difference in the output signal of cubase (using my audio interface's software to monitor level) when using the control room section of the mixer. If you disengage the control room, levels are back to normal. I have been advised that this is a known bug, but I thought this could still be helpful to post here for others.
thanks for your post - yeah i've already read your thread!!
Old 8th January 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
and again a video fail message!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Video Support.png (34.4 KB, 365 views)
Old 8th January 2013
  #9
kdp
Lives for gear
 

Moving notes around in the key editor. Grabbing a note to move it. Randomly the note moves but the old note stays in place. Like you're making a copy.
Old 8th January 2013
  #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
I started a thread about this already, but there is a 1-2 dB difference in the output signal of cubase (using my audio interface's software to monitor level) when using the control room section of the mixer. If you disengage the control room, levels are back to normal. I have been advised that this is a known bug, but I thought this could still be helpful to post here for others.
There is also a workaround for this - hit F4 and load saved configurations, and it goes away. Not ideal, I know but.....
Old 9th January 2013
  #11
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
problems with stylus rmx:
- different tracks are automatically renamed after importing midi regions/parts from stylus rmx (stylus midi drag&drop function)
Old 9th January 2013
  #12
Gear maniac
 
Blunt's Avatar
Found another one...it's happened to me a couple of time over the past few days.

When I right-click the grey area of the arrange window (under existing tracks, next to inspector) and select 'add new track' or 'add new track using preset', then I cancel the creation of the new track, Cubase kind of gets lost...

It appears to freeze, but doesn't, it's like the add new track window is lost in the background, and you are unable to click on anything else because you are stuck in this window somewhere that you can't get to. Luckily, I am able to use task manager to force quit Cubase. This also lets you save before the program closes. Then you just reboot the program and carry on.

Doesn't happen all the time but still...bit annoying.
Old 9th January 2013
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
Found another one...it's happened to me a couple of time over the past few days.

When I right-click the grey area of the arrange window (under existing tracks, next to inspector) and select 'add new track' or 'add new track using preset', then I cancel the creation of the new track, Cubase kind of gets lost...

It appears to freeze, but doesn't, it's like the add new track window is lost in the background, and you are unable to click on anything else because you are stuck in this window somewhere that you can't get to. Luckily, I am able to use task manager to force quit Cubase. This also lets you save before the program closes. Then you just reboot the program and carry on.

Doesn't happen all the time but still...bit annoying.
which system?? maybe you can upload a screenshot??
Old 10th January 2013
  #14
Gear Head
 

Very strange issue, please try to type any letters in add instrument track window, and then hit enter without choosing any plugin name from the list. In my case it stops Cubase for good could anybody confirm that ?

Greetings.
Old 11th January 2013
  #15
Gear nut
 

Hi I was doing some bounces yesterday and as I had to do a few stem mixes I got bored and went online usually this is fine the bounce happens in the background. but yesterday when I returned to cubase 7 mixer from firefox all the faders where at Zero - all of them turned down? but when I play back it would be the right mix. So a graphic bug I guess. But rather scary. after a few times of going back and forth to the desktop and the mix settings came back.
Small bug but not really cool if you have a client watching.
Old 11th January 2013
  #16
Gear maniac
 
Blunt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiano View Post
Very strange issue, please try to type any letters in add instrument track window, and then hit enter without choosing any plugin name from the list. In my case it stops Cubase for good could anybody confirm that ?

Greetings.
I thinly this is the same thing I was talking about. Are u 100% that its crashed cubase?

I'm win 7, 64 and 32 bit cubase, 12 gb ram (for th

Sent from my HTC Desire
Old 11th January 2013
  #17
Gear interested
 
RafQue's Avatar
 

typing a value for output on channel strip standard limiter

I noticed that when I double click the output-button of the standard limiter of Cubase' channelstrip it shows the value of the input and not the value of the output... In other words, I can't manually enter a value for the output of the limiter. I can only move the knob to change the value. Also, with the envelope shaper it's a bit the same with it's release. You have to click very precisely just below the button to get the value-box.
Old 12th January 2013
  #18
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
I thinly this is the same thing I was talking about. Are u 100% that its crashed cubase?

I'm win 7, 64 and 32 bit cubase, 12 gb ram (for th

Sent from my HTC Desire
100 %
Old 16th January 2013
  #19
Gear interested
 

Use official Steinberg bug report forum?

The Steinberg forum has an official public bug reporting section, which follows a formal structured bug verification/recording process.

Might be be useful to check if your C7 experiences/behaviours have been reported, verified and logged for fix, rather than here!



Quote:
Originally Posted by nott View Post
i'm in contact with them.
but i thought it would be helpful if every people wrote their problems and bugs!!!
i'm also going to send them the link to this thread!!!

so guys, please write down your bug reports!!!!
Old 16th January 2013
  #20
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by target9 View Post
The Steinberg forum has an official public bug reporting section, which follows a formal structured bug verification/recording process.

Might be be useful to check if your C7 experiences/behaviours have been reported, verified and logged for fix, rather than here!
thanks
Old 17th January 2013
  #21
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
please, can anyone import a complete audio cd into c7!
i got some problems with the imported files...
Old 17th January 2013
  #22
Gear Head
 

can you unveil more details ?
Old 17th January 2013
  #23
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiano View Post
can you unveil more details ?
cutted startpoints and endpoints after importing a mix-compilation!
could anyone try this for me??
Old 17th March 2014
  #24
Gear interested
 

cubase7 track inspector carze

well I have to confess I do not have time to read all your posts,
Im sorry
Im having trouble with one Cubase 7 feature...and am looking around forums to see if anyone experiences the same
So
The problem is the track inspector o (e) we all know so well
when I open any track ¨e¨ the windows that pops is super wide to he right of the screen it even dissapears after 2 monitors, and I have to take a train to go get my sends for that track
It happens in every track...I dont know if anyone have heard of this or could send me where to talk about it other than a psychiatrist.
Thanks in advance and se you
Old 17th March 2014
  #25
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modiolo View Post
The problem is the track inspector o (e) we all know so well
when I open any track ¨e¨ the windows that pops is super wide to he right of the screen it even dissapears after 2 monitors, and I have to take a train to go get my sends for that track
It happens in every track...I dont know if anyone have heard of this or could send me where to talk about it other than a psychiatrist.
Thanks in advance and se you
I know I have seen threads over at the steinberg forum talking about this..
The window you are talking about is the "Edit Channel Window"
Do a search for "Edit Channel Window" over there.

I think the answer was to re-install the core installer then do the updates.
Probably have to remove any preference files before you do the re-install.

Good luck...
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
UnMix Studio / Music Computers
7
bit mangler / So much gear, so little time!
0
stereobot / Music Computers
1
bassnote / Music Computers
11
Matt Hepworth / So much gear, so little time!
2

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.