Login / Register

Cubase meter issue
New Reply
Subscribe
Blunt
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to Blunt Send a message via MSN to Blunt Send a message via Skype™ to Blunt
Cubase meter issue

Hi, not sure if anyone else is getting anything like this:

In cubase 7, the peak meter on the master channel has a readout is maxing at, (for example) -3.4 dB, but on my liquid saffire 56's mixcontrol software it says -1.4 dB!!!
ALL LEVELS ARE ZERO'D AND NORMAL ON THE MIX CONTROL AND CUBASE.
I fire cubase 6.5 back up, same project, and the mix control readout matches that of cubase...

This only started happening today. Never noticed it with cubase 7 so far and I've had it for a few weeks.

I tried updating mixcontrol (3.1) and cubase (7.0.1) but that didn't make any difference.

Anyone getting anything like this?
Blunt
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to Blunt Send a message via MSN to Blunt Send a message via Skype™ to Blunt
It's now better, only 1 dB difference. All I did was reboot everything and update drivers etc...so nothing extra at all.
This is really annoying because I don't know which meters are telling me the truth, whether my monitors will be receiving distorted signal etc...
I usually write music with my levels all way below zero, so at least that part won't be affected. but mixing is another story
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Gear maniac

Hi. Its know bug. My meter from RME shows 1-2 dB more than Cubase. Answer is Control Room. Go to VSat connections and aply preset for your output via Control Room. Now meters are correct. I hope Steiberg will fix that and many other bugs and bad looking new mixer things.

Wys?ane z mojego X10i za pomoc? Tapatalk

Repliee - producer & remixer
www.soundcloud.com/repliee

http://soundcloud.com/repliee/candy-girl-dj-adamus-just-do
Blunt
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Gear maniac

Thanks, that was great advice.

Disabling control room and re-routing my outputs made the levels match again.

I will attempt to reconfigure control room now, but with my current set-up control room isn't essential so if I can't work out where the Vsat or whatever is then I just won't use it for now.

Again, thanks a lot.
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
Thanks, that was great advice.

Disabling control room and re-routing my outputs made the levels match again.

I will attempt to reconfigure control room now, but with my current set-up control room isn't essential so if I can't work out where the Vsat or whatever is then I just won't use it for now.

Again, thanks a lot.
He means "VST Connections" window (F4 shortcut)
Blunt
9th January 2013
Old 9th January 2013
Gear maniac

Hi, yeah I eventually got that...bit slow on the uptake... but that's what I had done already, as explained (possibly not very well) in my last post. I pressed F4, disabled control room and assigned my monitor outs to stereo out L/R in cubase. Still not normal when I turn control room back on as far as I can tell, is there a specific order I have to do it in? For example:

If I disable control room, quit cubase, then restart, will that work?
I'm either missing something, or it makes no difference on my setup (as far as I can tell).
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search