Login / Register

Cubase 7.0.1 Update available (Pre-Release)
New Reply
Subscribe
4damind
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Cubase 7.0.1 Update available (Pre-Release)

Frank Arnold
Musician and IT Freelancer

| | |
| |
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to teknatronik
new color customization is killer
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
new color customization is killer
+1
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Super Moderator

My Studio

Hey guys, can you post some screenshots of what's now possible with the colour customization when ya get a chance.

I haven't upgraded yet and would love to see what it can do now.

Thanks,
Graham
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
Hey guys, can you post some screenshots of what's now possible with the colour customization when ya get a chance.

I haven't upgraded yet and would love to see what it can do now.

Thanks,
Graham
i hate doing screen shots, lol

its now a color wheel instead of slider.... very very cool. it also updates color asap instead of having to restart program.
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Super Moderator

My Studio

Thumbs up

Thanks teknatronik, sounds sweet!

Graham
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
i hate doing screen shots, lol

its now a color wheel instead of slider.... very very cool. it also updates color asap instead of having to restart program.
and you can copy/paste your color circle!!!
4damind
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Yeah, this color circle is very nice. I wished the would improve this a bit more so complete color schemes could be loaded/saved. Automation curves are IMO now better visible... Have they changed something so it looks better also with dark colors?
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
Yeah, this color circle is very nice. I wished the would improve this a bit more so complete color schemes could be loaded/saved. Automation curves are IMO now better visible... Have they changed something so it looks better also with dark colors?
thats good question... i am not sure, but the dark colors seem shinery... lol if thats a word.
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear nut

20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear nut

Shines
4damind
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartosz Idzi View Post
7.01 Pre-release? Oh i get it Steinberg, now users are the only alpha/beta testers?
I think this is more to provide a quick update for some bugs without having a longer test cycle running. The "release" update is Afaik planned for January 2013.
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
I think this is more to provide a quick update for some bugs without having a longer test cycle running. The "release" update is Afaik planned for January 2013.
Yep. Cakewalk calls this a "quick-fix." It's only semantics...
I'm glad 7.0.1 is out, "official" or not.
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Gear nut

To me this was a really good update. All the minor bugs I experienced with 7.0.0 are gone and the program is very usable, at least for my purposes.
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpu28 View Post
To me this was a really good update. All the minor bugs I experienced with 7.0.0 are gone and the program is very usable, at least for my purposes.
same
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

thanks guys

gonna update later today!

man i love this C7
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
man i love this C7
+1

The more I use it the better it gets.

I can work so fast with the new Mix Console.

Already I can't stand looking at the mixer 6.5
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
+1

hahaha no joke
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

exactly

i knwo alot of people really wanted a vintage looking one ala PT but the POWER and ability to customize and work in this mixer is to me more powerful than any other daw's mix window

i can pretty much do everything here, plus monitor so accurately, set up my headphone mixes, and do some old style console mixing ala the channel strip

personally i like how it looks now to

and it fills my 24 inch monitor, haha, that used to drive me crazy seeing my desktop and icons! i wanted an immersive window when doing music

loving to variaudio 2.0 and some of the other tweaks in it but the mix window to me is really well laid out, powerful and becoming a joy to work in

still getting used to it but really happy overall
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
hahaha no joke
Quote:
+1

Wow, I am totally the opposite as I posted here..
How do you like cubase 7 so far?

I hate the new mixer. It's f'n click fest.
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow, I am totally the opposite as I posted here..
How do you like cubase 7 so far?

That's not good, especially as you paid for the upgrade, they should of had a demo available at the time release.
I often find these GUI things are like "Marmite Sandwiches" you either love them or hate them.

I've always really liked the mixer in Pro Tools 10, Avid seem to have a professional approach to a mixer GUI - information without frills.
It's just a shame Pro Tools doesn't support VST, as I'm a heavy Powercore user.

Hopefully SB will improve the mixer as they go along and maybe add undo/redo to the mixer and more shortcuts etc.
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
That's not good, especially as you paid for the upgrade, they should of had a demo available at the time release.
Me paying isn't relevant, I knew there was no demo and I know the history of software releases. I buy because there is always a learning curve. I learn how to use things before I use anything for "work". I could have waited for a demo, but chose not to. It's $150, hardly something to get worked up over.

I just hope the usability of them mixer improves. In typical Borg fashion, there are lot of great concepts, but horribly implemented.
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
+1
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear nut

I like the new mixer easier to navigate using the keyboard. The 7.01 update seems to be very reliable, no crashes since update.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakae View Post
I like the new mixer easier to navigate using the keyboard. The 7.01 update seems to be very reliable, no crashes since update.
Navigate the solo and mute button on more than a single track and let me know how that goes for you.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

I think some of you boys need to move on to Protools if its killing you
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah just give up after a few days if you can't get a newly designed tool work for you without reading the manual, just get PT.

OR do the logical thing.
Read up on the new features, understand the difference, note the hurdles, look for alternatives to your old workflow.

When major changes happen, it will take time to adjust, that's just the way it is.

Otoh, this release shows clear signs of being rushed, my guess is that buying the advertisement campaign for Christmas was done a LONG time ago. And NOT having a new release to fill those pages would have been very costly financially. If it was wise to fill it with a rushed release? Only time will tell.
The release itself have been the most stable x.o release ever. Yes it has bugs. Yes it has usability issues. And yes it feels clearly rushed and unfinished . But it's been very stable here.
and a complete picture department with online, grading and more based on Mistika.
http://www.europasoundvision.se
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
Yeah just give up after a few days if you can't get a newly designed tool work for you without reading the manual, just get PT.

OR do the logical thing.
Read up on the new features, understand the difference, note the hurdles, look for alternatives to your old workflow.

When major changes happen, it will take time to adjust, that's just the way it is.

Otoh, this release shows clear signs of being rushed, my guess is that buying the advertisement campaign for Christmas was done a LONG time ago. And NOT having a new release to fill those pages would have been very costly financially. If it was wise to fill it with a rushed release? Only time will tell.
The release itself have been the most stable x.o release ever. Yes it has bugs. Yes it has usability issues. And yes it feels clearly rushed and unfinished . But it's been very stable here.
Or, do what I and many others have done. RTFM, use it and find out what a piece of shit the new mixer is, and keep using 6.5 until they address a bunch of usability issues. I've also got a project that where the bottom of the mixer , from the fader knobs down, is chopped off. Reset, resize, open/close, toggle on top, full and framed mode does not reset it. Also, the projects still don't recall the rack settings correctly. Even if you use a preset. It has SOME that it will remember. So if you accidentally save a preset that it can remember, you can get that one back. Those are just a few of the many, many problems.

And back to my original complaint. You can't multi-select on the mixer and perform a function on the selected channels. You can't solo, mute, fade, pan etc.. etc.. You have a three step operation requiring the mouse. That is the most ridiculous concept ever.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

@jmcecil,

I would give it a break till they get some updates done. I know your trying to get a handle on it though. Heres what I notice, the edit and mixer screens look like they dont belong together now. I bet this is phase one and they will re-do the graphics on the edit page to match the mixer

As a veteran Cubase user I was lost when first opening the mixer. Ill have to watch a bunch of videos to get up to speed.
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
@jmcecil,

I would give it a break till they get some updates done. I know your trying to get a handle on it though. Heres what I notice, the edit and mixer screens look like they dont belong together now. I bet this is phase one and they will re-do the graphics on the edit page to match the mixer

As a veteran Cubase user I was lost when first opening the mixer. Ill have to watch a bunch of videos to get up to speed.
Thanks shanabit, I've been using Cubase since VST/32 and that public beta cycle fun. So, I'm used to 0 release issues.

I'm not so much lost as irritated with how much clicking you have to do. You have to flip tabs and click your brains out to do even elementary things. I hate using a mouse needlessly. It slows things down to a crawl. And hurts my hands

I always play with new releases, I have for years. It's your only chance to get an opinion in before the next cycle begins. And, it's how you learn the system before using it to work.

Interestly, Steinberg have stated that "they listed to user feedback", when actually it seems like they ignored users completely other than a generic "fix the outdated mixer". That isn't listening to users.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I actually love the project window, the midi editor and the sample editor. They are the best consolidated and logically laid out set of tools when taken singularly. They are simply spectacular when taken by themselves. The problem with Cubase has always how shitty that stuff works as a hole.

Anyhow, I'm just a mouse click hater and C7 requires mouse clicking out the wazoo to get to options that used to be available directly via key command or at least exposed in the common interface, not buried in a tab or dialog. That's all I'm really on about.

I think it's fair that people know that if they don't like using the mouse, they may not want to upgrade.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search