Login / Register

Cubase 7.0.1 Update available (Pre-Release)
New Reply
Subscribe
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
@jmcecil

I just watched these videos. Seems to help reduce the mouse clicking

Cubase 7 Advanced Video Tutorials - YouTube
Just curious, do you have C7? I have watched those videos by the way. Maybe you haven't? He uses the mouse to do everything in the videos.
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
Just curious, do you have C7? I have watched those videos by the way. Maybe you haven't? He uses the mouse to do everything in the videos.
Yes, C7 here. Just said I watched them. Check out the quick links
And the presets you can make with the mixer once you have it set how you like
Outside of that use the key commands to setup things to reduce mousing
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Check out the quick links
Although having it permanently on, helps a little. But, that stops some of the other functions from working properly.

For example, track selection has to be done with a mouse to getting anything logical to happen.

Quote:
And the presets you can make with the mixer once you have it set how you like
Those presets (I'm assuming you mean configuration 1 through 4) are only accessible with a mouse. No key command. Also, they don't save the view of the meter nor the control window. And guess what, you can't enable/disable them with a key command. Mouse only.
Quote:
Outside of that use the key commands to setup things to reduce mousing
If there were key commands available that would be great. But the only one that even remotely addresses these types of issues is the ability to turn Q-Link on/off. Which does help somewhat.

EDIT: I should add ... "that I can find" to all of these statements. It's always possible I missed something.
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear nut

We haven't even discussed Mixer 2 and 3 not saving their state/location. The fact that this new interface actually displays LESS tracks, not more contrary to the marketing stuff. Track status is LESS visible, not more, etc...
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
We haven't even discussed Mixer 2 and 3 not saving their state/location. The fact that this new interface actually displays LESS tracks, not more contrary to the marketing stuff. Track status is LESS visible, not more, etc...
Your gonna have to switch DAWS Im afraid to something that fits your workflow better and is more key command centric like Protools as you need.

OR you can make your requests know on steinbergs site and pray they change it all for you, I dont see that one happening though

OR you can continue to pee into the wind here where no one can fix this apparently broken mixer for you. I feel your pain but the constant defacation on on the new mixer aint gonna change nothing Im afraid

OR you can try a Kensington trackball which is what I use to Im not mousing around with my wrist and arm. Orbit Optical 64327

*Im going to watch all the mixer videos and RTFM till Im blue in the face to wrap my head around what I cant or cannot do with it.

Good luck bro
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Now after a week in of getting to know C7, there's just no going back to 6.5.

I've been soaking up the considerable new functionality of the new C7 mixer, I've been developing a new workflow and things are getting very slick for me.

I reminded myself to ignore that most human instinct to run back to the familiar and reject change.
I stuck with it, and now I'm totally sold on the new mixer.

Brilliant features that blow the old mixer away

1. Quick link - which includes every insert plugin paramater .... just brilliant

2. Linked Groups - although I'm hoping SB will make them nameable

3. Zones - stick your most adjusted channels to one side and anchor them - how did I work without this before.

4. Text search for everything - this has speeded up my workflow no end.

I could list another 20 things no problem.

If SB can add VCA's, linked automation editing, play lists and session import data, they could possibly become the new industry std DAW.

The more I use C7 the more impressed I become with it, it's an amazing update IMHO.
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Brilliant features that blow the old mixer away

yup

after 2 weeks or so on it, its soooo much better and soooo much more powerful than the old 6.5

this is the most powerful mixer window of any daw i have

PT, logic, reaper, S1, DP 8, etc
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Gear interested

An update eh?

Must download it. Personally speaking, I love C7. I think it works great and certainly does everything I need it to do. I love the new mixer and how easy it is to change EQs

Keep it up Steiny
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Gear maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to tomwatson
Save/Load Selected Channel feature gone!

The update sucks if you like the Save/Load Selected Channel feature, it's gone. Trying to work out how to revert back v7 before the update without losing all my new settings. Otherwise it's back to 6.5.
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwatson View Post
The update sucks if you like the Save/Load Selected Channel feature, it's gone. Trying to work out how to revert back v7 before the update without losing all my new settings. Otherwise it's back to 6.5.
Did you post this to the Steinberg forum? One can only hope it is a bug, as there is no reason I earth I can think of to remove it intentionally.
4damind
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwatson View Post
I think you cannot save them to a separate file, but you can use the track preset save/load thingy. Maybe they have removed this because, using channel presets works the same? But, I would ask this in the Cubase forum if this is a feature or a bug.

Frank Arnold
Musician and IT Freelancer

| | |
| |
16th January 2013
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Freeze

Has anyone had any freeze/hang issues with this new update? I had no problem at all with Cubase 7 and since I installed this update, Cubase often freeze once is started or once I press play for the first time.
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

I came from version 5 and 7 is so much better in every way
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luctellier View Post
Has anyone had any freeze/hang issues with this new update? I had no problem at all with Cubase 7 and since I installed this update, Cubase often freeze once is started or once I press play for the first time.

No freezing, but loading and closing projects is (literally) taking at least twice as long.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search