Cubase 7 64b and Soundtoys Echoboy problem
Old 15th December 2012
Gear maniac

Cubase 7 64b and Soundtoys Echoboy problem

Hey guys!

Was just wondering, I have the soundtoys bundle on cubase 7 64b but the echoboy is not there?? The other ones just work normally, but echoboy is not in the list. I have a fresh installed windows 7 64b with al the up to date drivers for win.

When I am using Cubase 6.5 64b on the same computer, Echoboy is there. On a different PC there is also windows 7 pro but 32b, in cubase 7 i actually do see echoboy.

Any ideas?
Old 3rd January 2013
Gear maniac

found it out already, just installed the soundtoys again and works now like a charm (with cubase 7.01)
Old 4th January 2013
Lives for gear

Two user names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass-out View Post
found it out already, just installed the soundtoys again and works now like a charm (with cubase 7.01)
Is that you djpassout?
Old 4th January 2013
Gear maniac

haha yes
Old 1st December 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass-out View Post
Hey guys!

Was just wondering, I have the soundtoys bundle on cubase 7 64b but the echoboy is not there?? The other ones just work normally, but echoboy is not in the list. I have a fresh installed windows 7 64b with al the up to date drivers for win.

When I am using Cubase 6.5 64b on the same computer, Echoboy is there. On a different PC there is also windows 7 pro but 32b, in cubase 7 i actually do see echoboy.

Any ideas?
Hey,

I'm having this same issue - 64 bit version of EchoBoy on Windows 7 Cubase 6. Tried installing it to all the usual places but can't get it to work. Where did you install the dll to?

Thanks
Old 6th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcballs View Post
I'm having this same issue - 64 bit version of EchoBoy on Windows 7 Cubase 6. Tried installing it to all the usual places but can't get it to work. Where did you install the dll to?
There is apparently a serious bug with EchoBoy and Cubase 7 64 bit. The plugin is not being recognized properly. If you move the dll out of your Vstplugins folder, run the "Update" procedure in the VST Plugins window, and then move the EchoBoy dll back in your Vstplugins folder, it is sometimes recognized again.

That's how I go mine to work, at least for a while. However, now whenever I try to open the EchoBoy plugin window, it crashes Cubase - every single time.

This is lame. I expect more from SoundToys.
Old 8th December 2013
Gear interested

I am having the same issue with Echoboy and Cubase 7.5 (as well as Wavelab 8). I moved the dll around but still no luck. Little Micro Shift runs fine.
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear

Ok, here is what I did to get EchoBoy working: Make sure the EchiBoy dll is in your plugins folder. Now launch Cubase with Admin rights by right clicking on the Cubase executable and selecting the "Open as Administrator" option (or similar verbiage.)

Now open the Plugin Information window in Cubase (from the Devices menu). Click the Update button. Cubase will now recognize EchoBoy. Quit Cubase and relaunch normally. You should now be able to open EchoBoy.

Note that you still can't save presets from within the plugin. It's a permissions issue. So just save your presets as Cubase presets instead for now. Hopefully SoundToys will get this sorted out shortly.
Old 12th December 2013
Gear nut

I bought echo boy 2 days ago, installed and I have no issues using it with cubase 7.5 64 bit.

I was using the demos before hand.

Once I bought echo boy I uninstalled the v4 package, installed echoboy and did all the ilok stuff. Started cubase no problems.

I am using cubase 7.5 64 bit on windows 7 64 bit.

Hope this helps
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search