Cubase 7 64 bit + live 8.4 64 bit (rewired) + Queno
New Reply
Subscribe
Sensorychaos
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Cubase 7 64 bit + live 8.4 64 bit (rewired) + Quneo midi controller

So this morning i tried to rewire ableton 64 bit to cubase 7....I had in mind to check if it was possible to use a controller on another rewired daw as ableton live....So i began to do some mapping on ableton native effects (as conventional vst's are disabled in the rewired daw (slave) ). Everything runs smoothly in cubase 7 and ableton....This is a great new for me.

There is one bad/weak point though (related to windows I presume)....you'll have to choose which daw you want to remote with your controller....
I had to disable the queno in my cubase midi connections in order Live can have access to it....

My question is : is possible to control both daws by 2 external controllers (one for each daw) or is it exclusive (one will shut down the other for some sort of reason...?) And if not...does a workaround exist?

many thank's for your help or comment.
Corsair hydro series H100

RME Fireface UFX + Fireface 800
Cubase 7.5 (x64) - Live 9 (x64)
Neve 8816 summing mixer - Genelec 1031 A / 1092 A
Subphatty - Tempest - Minibrute
Supernova 2 - JP-8000
Keith McMillen QUNEO - NI Maschine mkI
Sensorychaos
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Lives for gear

Bump!

Has anybody already tried to pilot 2 different rewired daws by midi?
1 controller for each daw.

For instance:

Quneo n°1 controller---mapped to a few cubase or plug parameters...
Queno n°2 controller---mapped to a few ableton live native plug parameters...
Sensorychaos
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Lives for gear

Lol...it seems i'm always pioneering something....not so many answers to my questions...Well... I'll do the autodidact one more time.

Anyway thank's for having read.
mfx
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

Ok my understanding in reading your post and my comprehension of rewire and subhosting is that you have to have one master/host and the rest will be slaves.

In my case I would use Cubase as the host, rewire Live/Reason and via cubase and any midi would have to be sent from cubase via rewire into the slaves.

You can still control channels in the host and slave(s) simultanesouly ie if you had a keyboard for a synth plugin in the host and quneo set to another midi channel and set active in cubase to the slave.

You cannot I believe have two host running concurrently as, in windows, only one host can dominate the asio as any one time.

You may get away with it if you have two soundcards (2 ASIO drivers) and use ASIO4ALL, or try using one asio soundcard for each different host. ASIO4ALL will increase your latency sunstantially. Only way I think you could experiment with to be honest I have never tried.

Of course other option would be to have two laptops/pcs each running a host, each with there own soundcard or using midi/audio over lan software.

I am sure it can be done but maybe not how you initially perceive. Best of luck.
Sensorychaos
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Ok i have tried to remote cubase with maschine and live as slave with the quneo. It perfectly works.
I just disabled midi i/o for quneo in cubase and enable it in live.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search