C7...VST Amp Rack error?
New Reply
Subscribe
Joe Porto
10th December 2012
Old 10th December 2012
Lives for gear

C7...VST Amp Rack error? (Solved)

I installed Cubase 7 on my Mac Pro 8-core. I am running 10.6.8 w/ PT10HD, so I created a fresh partition w/ 10.8.2. The install went fine, and I am able to record with a 32 sample buffer, where with Cubase 6, I had to set it to 64 or it would crackle. Good news!

So I was going to do a quick direct guitar demo using Amp Rack. It seems to work fine except the cabinet section. I can select cabinets, but they have no effect, and so mic positioning has no effect either. Pre/Pst effects work, as do amps, just not cabs and mics. Worked fine with 6. Is there something wrong, or did they add some cabinet bypass selector that I'm not seeing?

I am getting a warning "IR file cannot be found" when I instantiate the VST Amp Rack plugin. This is a fresh install, so it's not like I'm opening an existing preset with a custom IR. I'm thinking it's not finding the cabinet IR?

Thanks
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
I installed Cubase 7 on my Mac Pro 8-core. I am running 10.6.8 w/ PT10HD, so I created a fresh partition w/ 10.8.2. The install went fine, and I am able to record with a 32 sample buffer, where with Cubase 6, I had to set it to 64 or it would crackle. Good news!

So I was going to do a quick direct guitar demo using Amp Rack. It seems to work fine except the cabinet section. I can select cabinets, but they have no effect, and so mic positioning has no effect either. Pre/Pst effects work, as do amps, just not cabs and mics. Worked fine with 6. Is there something wrong, or did they add some cabinet bypass selector that I'm not seeing?

I am getting a warning "IR file cannot be found" when I instantiate the VST Amp Rack plugin. This is a fresh install, so it's not like I'm opening an existing preset with a custom IR. I'm thinking it's not finding the cabinet IR?

Thanks
it's a known issue, you need to update your dongle software for starters. Depending on the upgrade path and OS involved, how to fix the install is different. It could be as simple as copying files from C6 temp area to the C7 temp area. I suggest you find the thread on the Steinberg site, as it gives several different fixes depending on OS and upgrade path.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search