Waveform and editing clarity???
Old 10th December 2012
Gear maniac

Waveform and editing clarity???

So can someone tell me please if the waveform view in C7 looks exactly the same as it did in 6, or can we at least approach a view that has the clarity and detail that Cubase 5 had? Im referring to the way C5 used Transparent Events so the view could be a white background with black waveforms and have a colored bar at the bottom of each track. That view gave the best contrast and made it so easy to see precisely where the waveforms needed to be edited, especially when editing drums.

Precision is so important when editing. But the new waveform look since C6 has been a step in the wrong direction.

So please, somebody who is using C7 please tell me that Steinberg has done something with the waveform view to make editing as clear and precise as it was with Cubase 5.

Thank You.
Old 10th December 2012
Gear maniac

I'm coming straight from v5 (skipped v6) and seems just as clear and precise to me.
Old 10th December 2012
Gear maniac

Hmmm... Well maybe Steiny finally listened to us and fixed it. Guess i need to demo 7 now.
Old 11th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranny-Cap-Tube View Post
So can someone tell me please if the waveform view in C7 looks exactly the same as it did in 6, or can we at least approach a view that has the clarity and detail that Cubase 5 had? Im referring to the way C5 used Transparent Events so the view could be a white background with black waveforms and have a colored bar at the bottom of each track. That view gave the best contrast and made it so easy to see precisely where the waveforms needed to be edited, especially when editing drums.

Precision is so important when editing. But the new waveform look since C6 has been a step in the wrong direction.

So please, somebody who is using C7 please tell me that Steinberg has done something with the waveform view to make editing as clear and precise as it was with Cubase 5.

Thank You.
Nope, only transparent when moving them around.

The waveforms in C7 looks less clear to me than in previous versions.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search