UBK-1 Crashing Cubase 7
Old 9th December 2012
Gear nut

UBK-1 Crashing Cubase 7

UPDATE: Problem resolved, it was a Cubase 7.0.0 issue, fixed in 7.0.1

Hey all,

I searched and tried some of the work arounds suggested in other threads, but for some reason UBK-1 is crashing Cubase 7... it seems to be the only plug with the issue. It is read, found, but when it is loaded on an insert it immediately shuts down.

I emailed the guys at Kush and should hear back at some point, but until then, any thoughts?? Thank you,

Gabe
Old 9th December 2012
Gear addict

All I can say is, that it runs nicely on my system. However, I run it jbridged. How do you bridge it ? Do you bridge it at all ? Do you run Cubase 64 Bit ?
Old 9th December 2012
Gear nut

Sorry, yes it's at 32 bit, no bridge. I will give jbridge a shot, thanks!
Old 9th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineroom View Post
Hey all,

I searched and tried some of the work arounds suggested in other threads, but for some reason UBK-1 is crashing Cubase 7... it seems to be the only plug with the issue. It is read, found, but when it is loaded on an insert it immediately shuts down.

I emailed the guys at Kush and should hear back at some point, but until then, any thoughts?? Thank you,

Gabe
Yeah. I am having the same problem. It works fine in Cubase 6.5 but is a no go on Cubase 7. I also have Clariphonic from Kush and it is exhibiting the same problem. This fact has lead me to believe that it is a problem with companies plugins. Hopefully they will fix this soon. I really love UBK-1 on my drum bus. Fortunately, it is still usable in Cubase 6.5.
Old 10th December 2012
Gear nut

Alsoulmusic... Same here. I am going to demo jbridge and see if it works, however I did email Kush and when I get a reply I will post here.
Old 10th December 2012
rem
Gear Head

Same issue here, waiting for a fix from kush !
Old 10th December 2012
Gear interested

Jbridged UBK-1 running fine on Cubase 7 64 bit here
Old 11th December 2012
rem
Gear Head

Anyone ?
Old 12th December 2012
Gear nut

Jbridged...running fine here as well..
Old 12th December 2012
Lives for gear

It's a Cubase issue - Clariphonic works fine but I can't even boot C7 with UBK-1 in the VST folder. Sucks. Same with Abbey Road plugins, Waveshell 9 VST2, Flux Trax and Antares AVOX 2.
Old 12th December 2012
Gear nut

From Kush...

"We have been getting other reports from Cubase 7 users and I have been sending them to our developer."

Waiting to see what the shakedown is, new version of Cubase will hopefully solve this! No other plugins are giving me an issue at this time, most of my third party plugs are UAD, Soundtoys and Slate.

I will post more with the follow up from Kush when I get it.

Gabe
Old 13th December 2012
rem
Gear Head

Damn !
Old 19th December 2012
rem
Gear Head

Hello, Steinberg just released the 7.0.1 update. Hopefully it will resolve kush audio plugins issue.
Old 19th December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem View Post
Hello, Steinberg just released the 7.0.1 update. Hopefully it will resolve kush audio plugins issue.
hello rem,

just check the changelog of 7.0.x and you will find out.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
Old 20th December 2012
rem
Gear Head

Thank you. Unfortunately the issue remains !
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

It doesn't crash Cubase on load for me now, but it doesn't feel very stable if I try to use it within Cubase. Also, no presets are present and if I try to go to the preset dropdown, it crashes Cubase without fail.
Old 20th December 2012
Pragmatic Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
just check the changelog of 7.0.x and you will find out.

What does it say??

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 20th December 2012
rem
Gear Head

Hello Greg,

Kush audio plugins (ubk-1 and clariphonic) work perfectly under cubase 6.5.

Under cubase 7 and 7.0.1, the plugins are simply not loading, even after restarts, plugins folders scans, etc.

The only way I managed to make them work is to start cubase in 64 bits mode with JbridgeM... Weird, isn't it?
Old 20th December 2012
Gear addict

I can confirm UBK-1 does works in Cubase 7 x64 with jbridge, but it would be nice if Kush Audio did a x64 version. 64 bit DAWs aren't going away any time soon.
Old 20th December 2012
Gear addict

No problem here using Nuendo 5.5.5 Windows 7 64bit and jbridge with UBK-1 and Clariphonic.
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear maniac

Cubase 7 64bit with Jbridge-UBK works fine. (as well on 6.5)
Old 4th January 2013
Gear nut

UPDATE

Finally upgraded Cubase to the bug-update Steinberg posted a week or so ago, and UBK-1 is working fine in 7.0.1, must have been a Cubase issue as suspected, thanks to all who replied.
Old 19th January 2013
Pragmatic Snob

Thank you for updating this thread, everything is stable here as well so we're closing the cases.

Gregory Scott - ubk
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search