Login / Register

Do I have to download the update on the computer it's on?
New Reply
Subscribe
plikestechno
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Lives for gear

Do I have to download the update on the computer it's on?

Bought and installed the boxed 6.5 upgrade from 4 recently in the grace period and want to put 7 on now. But my home internet is super slow and has a low download ceiling before massive charges kick in and the upgrade is so massive. If I give my friend with super fast internet and no low limit my eLicenser can he download the upgrade on to a DVD for me to install on my computer?

I need to upgrade from Mac OS 10.6.8 to 10.7 at the same time and that's massive and only downloadable now these days too (at least cheaply) so I thought I'd have him do both things in one go.

Worst case scenario I guess I could take my whole computer across the street to my neighbors and do it too. But the DVD option would probably be less of a pain in the butt for others.
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Lives for gear

I don't think you need to have any previous version installed on your computer. What you need, however, is a dongle with a license for the version you're upgrading from plugged in your machine.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search