Is Steinberg support a joke?
New Reply
Subscribe
Sensorychaos
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

Is Steinberg support a joke?

This is what I received for a really bad bug occuring to me....
This is the problem:
Unable to get any signal in the new mesurements tools

and this is the answer, end of discussion.

I suggest to you of reading the Knowledge Base Article that you will find at link below....

this link...we all know it...known issue of cubase7.

Over years i have spent thousands for steinberg....and this is what they able to answer....

THIS IS A SHAME. Even not...we gonna check your problem deeper or i don't know....we need futher information about your system....
Do they have bots instead of real people at their support office???¨
And how are they supposed to remove bug without any infomrtaions...lol?
Corsair hydro series H100

RME Fireface UFX + Fireface 800
Cubase 7.5 (x64) - Live 9 (x64)
Neve 8816 summing mixer - Genelec 1031 A / 1092 A
Subphatty - Tempest - Minibrute
Supernova 2 - JP-8000
Keith McMillen QUNEO - NI Maschine mkI
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

Edit: I just read your other post, so not sure what It could be.

Did you change your routing like I suggested?
If I'm not mistaken the IO routing is system dependant so it could work on one system and not on another.
Make sure your signal is actually routed to your physical outputs via the control room first.
and a complete picture department with online, grading and more based on Mistika.
http://www.europasoundvision.se
Sensorychaos
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

Erik, i appreciate you help. Really.
Everything is set up properly. I can ensure you.
I have tried everything.
But basically even with control room off...you can use the metering tools without any problems. They should show up. But all i got is grey stuff...
So as if they were not poping up...

I have added a few posts in my last thread but....i fear it is a specific bug.

On my other computer i tried the metering tools with and without the control room ---> working.
I tried with 1,2,3, busses....working.

it should work de facto when you open cubase for the first time. (of course if everything is routed properly)
it is strange it doesn't work on install one and the contrary on install 2 on second computer. ...

My main system is built with chosen components (see signature), it also far more used for audio and has a lot more plug and things in it than the laptop.
My second system is a a laptop sony vaio (i7-3520m, 2.9Ghz)
16th December 2012
Old 16th December 2012
Gear nut

Yup, i have had a similar experience.

My Nuendo and Reason would not sync and i couldn't use the two together.

I contacted both Steinberg and Propellerheads, and whilst Propellerheads were very helpful and tried their best to help me, giving me different ways of doing it, i heard nothing at all from Steinberg, not even a reply.

I then found out later that there was a bug in Nuendo and that when the 5.5.3 update was announced, it fixed this problem.

What would it have cost Steinberg to send me a reply saying that thet were aware of this issue and were in the process of fixing it?
16th December 2012
Old 16th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Bean View Post
Yup, i have had a similar experience.

My Nuendo and Reason would not sync and i couldn't use the two together.

I contacted both Steinberg and Propellerheads, and whilst Propellerheads were very helpful and tried their best to help me, giving me different ways of doing it, i heard nothing at all from Steinberg, not even a reply.

I then found out later that there was a bug in Nuendo and that when the 5.5.3 update was announced, it fixed this problem.

What would it have cost Steinberg to send me a reply saying that thet were aware of this issue and were in the process of fixing it?
Ha, ha, ha.
They're owned by Yamaha now and Yamaha's support is, er, um, vacuous, always was, always will be.
16th December 2012
Old 16th December 2012
Lives for gear

Its a .0 version and yall are surprised by tech support not knowing anything?
Heck, Steiny programmers are just hearing whats broken since the bean counters made them shove it out the door for Christmas cash. Im sure those guys arent happy about it.

Steiny support is an oxymoron, always has been. Yamaha does nothing but help with the overhead a bit

Try changing your signature in the Forum under your My Steinberg account, yep its broken and I contacted support who had no answer.

If your going to be on the bleeding edge, your gonna bleed, simple as that
16th December 2012
Old 16th December 2012
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to lukasbrooklyn
sounds familiar enough-- i reported two bugs recently only to receive a noderator warning and have the occurences if the word 'bug' deleted fron the thread. the sw has helped me deliver some award winning projects but this kind of 'care' makes it hard to show any love for the product (not to mention the path the sw has taken feature/ux-wise most recently).
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Lives for gear

Steinberg? Support? Meh...

When I was still in the EU, it was non-existent, except for the one year or so when they subcontracted it to a Scandinavian outfit, Mi7, I think they were called.

Here in the US at least someone answer your emails, so that is good. Unfortunately, not once did they give me a correct answer or help solve an issue.

But Avid charges $40 for a support ticket, just to get someone on the phone or via email, even if your product is still under warranty, so it could be worse.

Z's hub
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephonic View Post
Steinberg? Support? Meh...

When I was still in the EU, it was non-existent, except for the one year or so when they subcontracted it to a Scandinavian outfit, Mi7, I think they were called.

Here in the US at least someone answer your emails, so that is good. Unfortunately, not once did they give me a correct answer or help solve an issue.

But Avid charges $40 for a support ticket, just to get someone on the phone or via email, even if your product is still under warranty, so it could be worse.
Yeah, the good ol' $40 Avid Support Ticket. What's the word for that?
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to diogo_c
Steinberg support got A LOT better since Cubase 7 announced. They're putting a lot of effort into it and are actually listening the users. Just check out their forums if you need proof.
Sensorychaos
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

diogo_c...I admit you are right.

but i was so deceived at the moment that I found their answer near insulting....like really not concerned about it. I was...wow!
How do they resolve stuff without asking anything to customer?
But it is clear that Steinberg does a great effort right now. It's clear that cubase 7 is absolutely wonderfully built...I absolutely love it....in a few updates it will really rock everything.

i just hope something will be done about this vu-meter persistent strange behaviour....Over time more and more people seem to be concerned about it....Not the majority though...

Fair enough.
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

i have personally called Yamaha support a few times in CA for the N12, i have always had a real person answer who was knowledgeable and pretty friendly

every time

never contacted steiny though

i think they are doing a pretty good job cataloging issues and an update is coming out soon supposedly

not trying to take away from your situation but when i read that about Yamaha i needed to give you my personal experience with them
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to teknatronik
Since on Cue 6 I have only had to contact support twice, but I must have gotten lucky, they were great!
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

couldn't tell ya. i dropped steinberg years ago.
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameal View Post
Strange you would reply.
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Weird...
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

often times throughout history the word strange hath defined such a me.

nah but seriously, it was this thread or the 10,000000000000000000000000000th thread about audio schools or cable. i honestly didn't have a choice really.

Yep, spelled it wrong. 13 some odd albums later, whats a guy ta do?
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Gear nut

I emailed Steinberg 3 times about transferring license ownership. That was 3 years ago now. Never did hear anything back. Useless.
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
often times throughout history the word strange hath defined such a me.

nah but seriously, it was this thread or the 10,000000000000000000000000000th thread about audio schools or cable. i honestly didn't have a choice really.
lol
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DITN View Post
I emailed Steinberg 3 times about transferring license ownership. That was 3 years ago now. Never did hear anything back. Useless.
expect response next week
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

i did drop cubase around version 4 for much the same reasons however. truckloads of bugs, floating in a vortex of no contact, losing sight of my inspirations and emotions, grasping onto what little i could to comfort me from a software i loved and respected that no longer loved and respected me....

it seems as though nothing has really changed since. they join my sh1tlist of company's i'll never buy from again. oh, and when i dropped them they did break.
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
i did drop cubase around version 4 for much the same reasons however. truckloads of bugs, floating in a vortex of no contact, losing sight of my inspirations and emotions, grasping onto what little i could to comfort me from a software i loved and respected that no longer loved and respected me....

it seems as though nothing has really changed since. they join my sh1tlist of company's i'll never buy from again. oh, and when i dropped them they did break.
That sux!

I have had zero issues and been a loyal customer since sx3... all my issues have been resolved usually with in a day and I have had very very few issues with any of the cubase products.
Sensorychaos
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Let's say that:

I don't know how many people do work at steinberg support.
I don't know how many requests they do receive in a day.
I don't know a clue about that...

Maybe it represents trully huge amount of work...and a part of the equation is totally missing in my statements...probably.

But I don't see the point not asking even the slightest question in order to understand what's going on and could lead to the issue.....Even if not reproductible in 30 seconds by another user....Isn't the goal to improve EVERY side of steinberg compatibility and help users...even if they can have pretty isolated problems....I mean over time those isolated problems begin to aggregate and do something bigger as knowledge base for them
Again...
I show some love for cubase....but I try to adapt myself about a serious thing missing in my cubase 7...without having any clues.
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
That sux!

I have had zero issues and been a loyal customer since sx3... all my issues have been resolved usually with in a day and I have had very very few issues with any of the cubase products.
i loved sx3. 4 i did not. i updated it and all associated devices in that chain when i had it and it blew out my monitor settings every-time. it got old quick.

but in steiny's defense, that whole rig i had just did not jive, man. i still have the asus p5q board, and the monitor rig but i have since changed everything else. i was running xp, and everything was cool with that, and my soundcard was a presonus firestudio, which i also had nothing but issues and no support on.

in the end i dumped it all. but i still have what i jumped too, and were solid now.
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
i loved sx3. 4 i did not. i updated it and all associated devices in that chain when i had it and it blew out my monitor settings every-time. it got old quick.

but in steiny's defense, that whole rig i had just did not jive, man. i still have the asus p5q board, and the monitor rig but i have since changed everything else. i was running xp, and everything was cool with that, and my soundcard was a presonus firestudio, which i also had nothing but issues and no support on.

in the end i dumped it all. but i still have what i jumped too, and were solid now.
If you dug sx3, you will love 7 bro!!!! It is very good imo.
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
Lives for gear

i did play with wavelab 7. that was a great piece. I'm actually considering purchasing it after i get done paying off my recent excursions.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search