Unable to get any signal in the new mesurements tools
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

Unable to get any signal in the new mesurements tools - 90 % sure it's a bug

Well, I have watched the video tutorial, read the manual...but whatever I do i'm not able to get any signal trough the new mesurements tools.

No signal nor anything visible coming from my vu-meters (control room console)....
Source: monitor mix orange button is receiving signal with its little blue light flashing...Two hours later i'm still blocked with this "issue"...
If someone has success with it, it would be really nice to explain the procedure. Thank's
Could it be a graphical issue?
If you need more screenshots to understand what's going on, just tell me which one are missing to resolve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I must do something wrong but don't know what.

Old 6th December 2012
Gear maniac

works fine here, it should be metering what is going out of the master. In control room click the tab 'vu m├Ętre'
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

Ho no no no...It seems i'm in presence of a real bug. My vu-meters won't show any signal...It stays grey.
I even can't see any increment volume level info (when inactive) or anything else, just a grey area...which is obviousely abnormal.

I think i will try a reinstal....I hope it fixes this...

Those tools were one of the main reason of upgrade...can't believe i have a malfunction....
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

Still no success...I have reinstalled Cubase 7 and tweaked everything I could. I'm an old cubase user..so I pretty know what to do in normal case...
My mesurements tools do NOT WORK....I'm sure.
Depression.
what the hell is that?

Could someone explain what seems wrong on that pic please....one day that i'm trying to resolve this now....
Look at my vu-meter section...It's grey.
Geez i never had any problems with cubase so far....this seems a weird problem.
As stated earlier : source: monitor mix (orange button) has its little blue led flashing when playing audio.

Seems like i'm the only one with that problem...I need a cubase GURU please

It seems like a graphical issue...but could be..i don't know something else.... (GeForce GTX 560 driver version 306.97)
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

You might have the control Room active, but your routing is wrong.

You should have no outputs connected on the output tab (not connected in English) and connect your monitor outputs on the last studio page instead.
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
You might have the control Room active, but your routing is wrong.

You should have no outputs connected on the output tab (not connected in English) and connect your monitor outputs on the last studio page instead.
Hi,
I just have re-installed cubase 7 on another pc. The mesurements tools do work with such a routing...even when the control room is off.
So it seems it's really a specific issue.

I have tried EVERYTHING...from installation of previous graphic driver to total desinstallation and reinstallation of cubase 7...i really have tried all I can to resolve this....but this is clearly a bug....i can't do anything. This is really annoying.
I even de-installed the slm128 plug believing it could cause conflicts with the tools in c7 but again....no luck...

About the routing it is true that i should use studio last page if i want to use the control room...but that's not the point...i just have tried different things because nothing is working...but thank's for the suggestion.

I have sent steinberg a request....I will see what happens from now
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

Weird, because I have a fairly similar system to yours and the same interface (UFX): seems to work OK.

So, I guess you can rule out a CPU, mobo or interface issue (I have a different GPU, but still nVidia GTX, so it shouldn't make any difference as the drivers are the same.) I see that you're using a French-localized application. Maybe it's because the Germans don't like the French?
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in SoCal View Post
Weird, because I have a fairly similar system to yours and the same interface (UFX): seems to work OK.

So, I guess you can rule out a CPU, mobo or interface issue (I have a different GPU, but still nVidia GTX, so it shouldn't make any difference as the drivers are the same.) I see that you're using a French-localized application. Maybe it's because the Germans don't like the French?
Hi, thank you for your answer...
It eliminates a few possibilities...but who knows...those problems can be so specific...

Yes the ufx is not the problem as my second pc runs the mesurements tools without any problem when ufx is plugged and working...

Yes it seems a really "niche" problem...I'm in troubles
Probably a conflict somewhere...but where???
Maybe a plugin...maybe something which share same resource or application? Runtime...

I have the aida 64 extreme application...maybe i could save a reference list of everything running on my pc and give it to an expert...but yes....where is this expert lol? Still non answer from steinberg (can take more than 48 hours...)
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

I had my mixer get all discombobulated per the issue that Steinberg posted about it. The only way i could make it right was to go to the setup layout window on the mixer and deselect/reselect what to show. I have a feeling this won't help you but it's worth a shot if you haven't done it already.

I also had the loudness meter freeze just by turning it on and then freeze the project so there's some weirdness going on with it
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

Hey dman, thank's for your help. It's appreciated. But unfortunately this is one of the first thing I tried amongst dozen others....
I begin to abandon....2 days stucked into that weirdness is getting on my nerves...
One of the most elementary stuff not working...but as it seems i'm the only one encounterring this issue...seems it will not be tomorrow that i will get away from this more than annoying issue.
Old 8th December 2012
Lives for gear

Ok...somebody on cubase forums experiences the same behaviour....Finally...it's reproductible...
Just have to wait for something more mature....
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search