Steinberg Announces issues with Cubase 7
New Reply
Subscribe
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in SoCal View Post
A new iLok 2 costs $50. So basically to anyone who has iLok 1's Cubase 7 becomes a $200 upgrade. This is BS, Steinberg should fix it. There is no reason to force people to upgrade to iLok 2.
This bad logic seems to permeate this place. Steinberg is not forcing you to do ANYTHING. Its your choice to upgrade or not upgrade your DAW.

Steinberg have chosen to code for the iLok 2 which is current code. I wouldnt waste my resources or time coding for both either.

Reaper seems to be a good choice if its that bad for you guys

I would:
1. Upgrade the iLok first
2. Wait till C7 has a few updates to it then upgrade it
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

The postman just arrived....... off to install
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

So far I know of two people who have installed and iLok1 works fine.

Do continue to shake your pitchforks though.

Edit - 'Legacy' pre 2.4 VST's appear to be fine too.
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
I just want to be able to re size my mixer view!!!!! lol
Im kinda confused here...Ive seen comments like this around, but haven't read EVERY word of the C7 features.

Were people saying that you COULD expand/stretch the mixer? Do other DAWs let u do that? I've never thought it was too small, but it would be interesting.

https://soundcloud.com/jasonlees/thinkn-about-u-25a-101413-l1-1?in=jasonlees/sets/demos-1
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
This bad logic seems to permeate this place.
I assume you mean the net in general, not just this board.

Logic would be too easy. You know, like waiting for the demo to see if your iLok 1 and your pre VST 2.4 plugs work? That would interrupt the joy of impulse buying and being among the few early people who get to shout...

Yay! I got it!

Frankly, I wouldn't buy (or buy an upgrade of) any software without trying a demo first, unless it was free, then of course, I wouldn't be buying it. "Pre-order" is not in my vocabulary.
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to teknatronik
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiRD808 View Post
Im kinda confused here...Ive seen comments like this around, but haven't read EVERY word of the C7 features.

Were people saying that you COULD expand/stretch the mixer? Do other DAWs let u do that? I've never thought it was too small, but it would be interesting.
in 6.5 you and change width and extend view, but you cannot change height... It is important for me so I can make the mixer smaller and arrangement 1/3rd the screen so i no longer have to hit f3...
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluttypat View Post
Ilok v1 is not compatible with cubase 7. Wtf?

This is a big dealbreaker for me. Goodbye C7.

The spoiled belly-aching that goes on in this vast wasteland of newbies is absurd.

The program has only been available for 1 day.... and is a X.0 release.... If a short list of "known issues" hurts your feelings, please return to mommy's nipple and take a nap before posting your rants.
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post

The spoiled belly-aching that goes on in this vast wasteland of newbies is absurd.

The program has only been available for 1 day.... and is a X.0 release.... If a short list of "known issues" hurts your feelings, please return to mommy's nipple and take a nap before posting your rants.
be careful! batman will catch you
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Gear interested

"Goodbye C7".

lol

And C7 waves back...
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to The dman
The mixer graphic bug got me. If this happens deselect everything in the "Setup window layout" menu and the mixer will go back to normal

5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to diogo_c
^Thanks for posting the workaround!
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to teknatronik
Quote:
Originally Posted by The dman View Post
The mixer graphic bug got me. If this happens deselect everything in the "Setup window layout" menu and the mixer will go back to normal

I am not understanding what happened.
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
sorry if i missed something or misunderstood - but audio damage is not ilok - so are they supposed to work with cubase 7 or not?
I can see the misunderstanding. I was referring to how the list affected me (the iLok 1 thing didn't phase me). On the bug list, it mentioned that there was something wrong with AudioDamage plugs. Over at KVR, the developer said it was only a minor bug which would be resolved "soon."
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

So I just installed Cubase 7 on my 8 core Intel Mac running 10.7.5. Upon scanning my plugins, the Elysia VST3's crash. So I remove them from the folder thinking it is just a compatibility issue with C7. Then the Vertigo VST3 crashes C7 startup. So I remove it. Then all Abbey Road plugins crash it. So I remove them. Then all the Antares AVOX plugins crash. I am only on the "A"s and can only imagine how many more of my plugins will not scan. I will not continue to remove over half of my plugin collection just so I can boot Cubase 7! What the hell happened with this release? Nuendo 5.5 and Cubase 6.5 have absolutely NO issues with any of these plugins - am I really supposed to not have access to this many of my plugins? Here is hoping for quick fix - releasing a paid version with this sort of compatibility issues is just plain unacceptable.
www.strandedonaplanet.com
www.facebook.com/strandedonaplanet
www.twitter.com/strandedplanet
http://www.soundcloud.com/strandedonaplanet
Watch our studio bio video here and get to know us a bit - http://youtu.be/3hb_Zi_zry4
See our new video for "The Top Shelf" for GC Pro here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyylfNLrUJ0
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
So I just installed Cubase 7 on my 8 core Intel Mac running 10.7.5. Upon scanning my plugins, the Elysia VST3's crash. So I remove them from the folder thinking it is just a compatibility issue with C7. Then the Vertigo VST3 crashes C7 startup. So I remove it. Then all Abbey Road plugins crash it. So I remove them. Then all the Antares AVOX plugins crash. I am only on the "A"s and can only imagine how many more of my plugins will not scan. I will not continue to remove over half of my plugin collection just so I can boot Cubase 7! What the hell happened with this release? Nuendo 5.5 and Cubase 6.5 have absolutely NO issues with any of these plugins - am I really supposed to not have access to this many of my plugins? Here is hoping for quick fix - releasing a paid version with this sort of compatibility issues is just plain unacceptable.
Delete the VST Blacklist pref. or just prefs in general. Its probably pullin them from the 6.5 version
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Gear nut

5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Delete the VST Blacklist pref. or just prefs in general. Its probably pullin them from the 6.5 version
I can't find them anywhere on OSX 10.7 - they must have moved them from previous OS versions.
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Aha - stupid OSX 10.7 hides it...

"Since Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), the user's Library folder is hidden! Here is how to access it: In the menu bar of Mac OS X click on "Go". While the menu is folded out holding down the [ alt ] key (options) will show the "Library" entry.
Rename it (for example to "Cubase 5 hidden") in order to hide it from the sequencer."
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Deleted Cubase 5,6 and 7 VST prefs and no luck.
6th December 2012
Old 6th December 2012
Gear Head

Send a message via AIM to Vdub
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorgAddict View Post
You must do what everybody else does. You clone your system and install the new version on it. You check the new stuff and compatibility with your third-party stuff on this system while having the previous version on your main system running great.

Just thinking about what's all going on in apps like Cubase gives me shivers. I don't know how they manage to make it all work.

KA
Can you elaborate on the "clone your system"
I've been looking everywhere to see if i can do it
6th December 2012
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

and a complete picture department with online, grading and more based on Mistika.
http://www.europasoundvision.se
6th December 2012
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatrossy View Post
I can see the misunderstanding. I was referring to how the list affected me (the iLok 1 thing didn't phase me). On the bug list, it mentioned that there was something wrong with AudioDamage plugs. Over at KVR, the developer said it was only a minor bug which would be resolved "soon."
thanks for clearing it up for me. regularly using some audio damage plugs. But I upgraded my HW and 64 bit with cubase 6.5 only relatively recently, and I think I ironed out all the glitches, so will be waiting with the upgrade to cubase 7. But I'll watch closely ;-) =>cheers guys
6th December 2012
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
sorry if i missed something or misunderstood - but audio damage is not ilok - so are they supposed to work with cubase 7 or not?
According to Mr. AD, Chris R., it's just Kombinat DVA that there are problems with, and they're supposedly already fixed. I have no idea if that means 7.0 or the first maintenance update.

j,

My pet project, Romfarer
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

Corsair hydro series H100

RME Fireface UFX + Fireface 800
Cubase 7.5 (x64) - Live 9 (x64)
Neve 8816 summing mixer - Genelec 1031 A / 1092 A
Subphatty - Tempest - Minibrute
Supernova 2 - JP-8000
Keith McMillen QUNEO - NI Maschine mkI
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

Just finished upgrading. Wow, as an upgrade, it's pretty "stupid" in the sense that it's not retrieving any of my 6.5 preferences. I had to reconfigure everything, from the UFX (it default-loaded drivers for the realtek internal audio, I mean, really?) to VST2 paths. Basically it's like the installer is completely oblivious that 6.5 is installed.

For comparison, when I upgraded from Sonar X1 to X2, the installer retrieved ALL settings, down to the most insignificant ones. Evidently windows management is not the only thing Steinberg can learn from Cakewalk.
kdm
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
kdm
Gear addict

Most prefs like key commands, templates, etc can simply be copied from the Cubase 6.x folder. On PC it's under Users - (you) - AppData - Roaming - Steinberg - Cubase 6x/7.

Prefs in both are stored in xml files. You can even copy Project Logical Editor presets, generic remote xmls (if you saved it from 6.x - or you can just open 6.x, save it, and copy that to the respective C7 preset/pref folder).

Took me 5 minutes to get my prefs back the way I wanted them. I did have to config part of the Control Room and I/O manually, but most of it actually did carry over. Not sure why the installer doesn't copy over the above, but at least there is a way around it.
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Just finished upgrading. Wow, as an upgrade, it's pretty "stupid" in the sense that it's not retrieving any of my 6.5 preferences. I had to reconfigure everything, from the UFX (it default-loaded drivers for the realtek internal audio, I mean, really?) to VST2 paths. Basically it's like the installer is completely oblivious that 6.5 is installed.

For comparison, when I upgraded from Sonar X1 to X2, the installer retrieved ALL settings, down to the most insignificant ones. Evidently windows management is not the only thing Steinberg can learn from Cakewalk.
Weird... I'm on PC and it transferred all of my preferences over. Everything from key commands to my card setup.
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:

Agreed - same here on Mac. Had to find the workaround for importing existing key commands, had to re-configure all input/output presets. That's stuff that should be automatically transferred.
7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Gear maniac

I like the new features a lot. But this is a beta software. I guess that their marketing decided to sale must be before christmas. This one has so many new features so 2-3 maintenance releases will be required until this is ready.
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Animus
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Agreed - same here on Mac. Had to find the workaround for importing existing key commands, had to re-configure all input/output presets. That's stuff that should be automatically transferred.

Back in the day i† was always advised to rebuild your preferences in a major upgrade because things could get weird.

Looks like I am just waiting for Nuendo 6, and if and when it gets VCA. Looks like this release was rushed out the door.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search