Cubase 7!
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

Cubase 7!

What's new

Damn! I wish I wasn't at work so I could check it out! The GUI Looks Amazing...
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

Wow, it looks awesome. I really like those new composition tools!!!
Old 19th November 2012
Gear nut

the upgrade looks great, some much needed additions.. hopefully the fix the window resizing bullshit that has occurred since cubase 4...

in regards to the grace period upgrade its really pissing me off, they posted on their facebook page "did you know you can upgrade your 6.5 to 7 if you brought it after oct 25th.."

that is a money plying load of ass, the 6.5 upgrade came out mid this year and 7 will be out in december, i payed 200 for the upgrade from 5 to 6.5 in September.

left this message on their facebook -
"I activated mine (6.5) in september and it really pisses me off that you guys make some obscure 1 and half month grace period. Ive been a registered cubase user since cubase 4 and i teach cubase classes and i feel partially robbed having to pay for the upgrade to 7 when it comes out, seeing as i just spent $200 upgrading to 6.5 which was a pretty mediocre upgrade. I think, along with many people i know that use cubase and with the many here posting that if you bought cubase 6.5 upgrade even during this year any time you should be gifted the upgrade to 7 for free. We all shell out hundreds of dollars to buy a legitimate copy of the DAW and its not fair to repeat that twice in the same year."
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiesmalls View Post
the upgrade looks great, some much needed additions.. hopefully the fix the window resizing bullshit that has occurred since cubase 4...

in regards to the grace period upgrade its really pissing me off, they posted on their facebook page "did you know you can upgrade your 6.5 to 7 if you brought it after oct 25th.."

that is a money plying load of ass, the 6.5 upgrade came out mid this year and 7 will be out in december, i payed 200 for the upgrade from 5 to 6.5 in September.

left this message on their facebook -
"I activated mine (6.5) in september and it really pisses me off that you guys make some obscure 1 and half month grace period. Ive been a registered cubase user since cubase 4 and i teach cubase classes and i feel partially robbed having to pay for the upgrade to 7 when it comes out, seeing as i just spent $200 upgrading to 6.5 which was a pretty mediocre upgrade. I think, along with many people i know that use cubase and with the many here posting that if you bought cubase 6.5 upgrade even during this year any time you should be gifted the upgrade to 7 for free. We all shell out hundreds of dollars to buy a legitimate copy of the DAW and its not fair to repeat that twice in the same year."
I am with you! I bought 6 this year in feb or near that when it came out.... then I got the update to 6.5 not long ago and now this! I really want this version with the mixer fix and window resize fix, but I just dont have another 150 bones to shed.... I already spent like 700 on this software! Wish they would throw me a bone!
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

dump it get logic pro!
So cheapo
Old 19th November 2012
digital ears love analog

I'm still using Cubase Studio 5 and I don't see anything that makes me want to upgrade.
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear
Wow, some excellent stuff in there. The remote collaboration looks fun. The cord tool makes me wonder why I ever learned to write music in the first place.

Considering how huge this upgrade is I'll bet that is one buggy piece of software. Anyone know the upgrade cost?
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

I don't get it though - is that mixer just showing controls of your VST inserts all on one page?? will those plugins still show in your inspector on the left and be able to be popped open as regular plugins? Can you only use Steinberg plugins in those Console areas?
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

Looks fantastic to me, still haven't seen the upgrade price from Cubase 5 to Cubase 7. It better not be more than $249....Steinberg are becoming kinda dicks about the whole pricing thing.
Old 19th November 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

I love Cubase but the window resizing stuff is awful. it's just plain dumb. It was fine in SX3 though...
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
I don't get it though - is that mixer just showing controls of your VST inserts all on one page?? will those plugins still show in your inspector on the left and be able to be popped open as regular plugins? Can you only use Steinberg plugins in those Console areas?
If you look at 1:08 on this video it looks like the chain goes INSERTS, EQ then STRIP. INSERTS being the 'normal' Inspector Inserts, which can be 3rd Party, EQ being the new graphic interface EQ and STRIP being Steinbergs new hi/low filters, saturation and limiting 'channel strip'.

I can't seem to find them now but DV247 originally did 7 videos showing the new features that went a bit more in-depth, but basically covered pretty much the same ground as the Steinberg vids.

EDIT: OK, found them now-

DV247 7 Features of Cubase 7 Videos | DV247

Kinda bummed I upgraded to 6.5 as I don't use any of it's new features, but Steinberg usually do 1 last upgrade hurrah to their previous version. If they gave me (well, ALL 6.5 users) just the graphical interface EQ I'd be more than happy and do the full upgrade to 7 once Xmas is out of the way :D

It feels like they've REALLY been listening to feedback on this release.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

What is this window re-size bug everyone is referring to? I have been a user for 3 years since 5 and have not realized anything???
Old 20th November 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
What is this window re-size bug everyone is referring to? I have been a user for 3 years since 5 and have not realized anything???
I would strongly suggest you don't jinx things by talking about it then!!

Old 20th November 2012
I just got Cubase a few months ago. I wonder if they offer free upgrade to people that just purchased 6.5.

Edit: never mind. October 25 is cutoff.
Old 20th November 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_sax View Post
I would strongly suggest you don't jinx things by talking about it then!!

lol its so like that hey ! count your lucky stars!!
Old 20th November 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNMusicman View Post
Looks fantastic to me, still haven't seen the upgrade price from Cubase 5 to Cubase 7. It better not be more than $249....Steinberg are becoming kinda dicks about the whole pricing thing.
Sounds like a customer of avid would say :D

Sent from my GT-I9100
Old 20th November 2012
I think I came across a bug in Cubase 6.5 regarding MIDI clock (or MTC) out to sync MIDI effects and LFO's on an external synth. When I enabled clock sync on my Virus delay effect, for example, and started the Cubase sequencer, there would be so great deal of latency while playing the controller keyboard. As soon as I stopped the sequencer, which stops MIDI clock out signal, everything is fine. I submitted a support ticket and I tried a number of things that the tech suggested, but it was never resolved. My workaround is to disable clock out while I am recording sequences and then enable it for playback. After sequences are recorded, clock sync works perfectly fine with effects and LFO's.
I wonder if this issue was addressed in Cubase 7.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyryan86 View Post
Sounds like a customer of avid would say :D

Sent from my GT-I9100
Well I work in Post-Production so yeah AVID is my 9-5, BUT what I'm saying is $199 for C6-C7, the only other pricing I've seen is C-SX 2/3 - C7 and the pricing is $400, I don't want C5 users to be lumped into the SX crowd price.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

I am probably going to upgrade just in the hope of getting a more stable setup. Cubase 6 & 6.5 for me have been really unstable.

Ever since I have had 6.5, if I quit Cubase, I need to completely reboot my computer to use it again - ie - if I launch Cubase after exiting previously, nothing happens at all (except the cubase process appears in task manager) - I don't think I am alone as I saw someone else post this problem recently.

and how come some random dude can do a better job (jbridge) than cubase's own vst bridge tech?
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Can someone explain to me what the Chord feature is all about.
Explain it to me as basic as you can.
Im not a noob or anything , I just dont get what this feature
is supposed to do.

Do you connect a VST to something and it plays along with your bassline
or whatever?

is it just me, or are the faders now smaller?
Tiny faders are one of the biggest reasons I never geled with Logic
and other software. FFS, make them sizeable!
We dont all use controllers so do have to use the mouse and those
small faders make mixing more difficult imo.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Have they figured out Studio Routings; Inputs/Outputs yet?

Massive pain in the arse having to redo all your routings and mixer settings with old projects and changing gear lists.
Old 20th November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceacademy View Post
Can someone explain to me what the Chord feature is all about.
Believe it or not, there's a video for that.

In short: set up your chord progression by plonking down the blocks, route the chord track to any VST instrument, and voila, it plays the chords for you. It assists you by choosing the next chord that fits; kind of like your average iPad chord generator, only now in your DAW.

Additionally, it can apparently apply those chords to other existing tracks, much like how arranger keyboards treat chords.

Brilliant idea, really.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Believe it or not, there's a video for that.

In short: set up your chord progression by plonking down the blocks, route the chord track to any VST instrument, and voila, it plays the chords for you. It assists you by choosing the next chord that fits; kind of like your average iPad chord generator, only now in your DAW.

Additionally, it can apparently apply those chords to other existing tracks, much like how arranger keyboards treat chords.

Brilliant idea, really.
I didn't realise there was a video so thanks.
Interesting I think. Whether I would get use from it I couldn't say for certain, but I'm sure others will enjoy the feature
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arkadin View Post
This x1000. Such a basic thing still not fixed. Staying on 5 for a bit until the dust settles.
On the new features site it says:

"Full-screen mode and total scalability: Perfect for notebook screens and large-scale displays"

Seems like they finally fixed it...
Old 20th November 2012
digital ears love analog

With the chord thing I guess you don't need to learn music theory anymore!

I guess it should be called Noobase 7?

Next they'll have a feature that plays an automatic wobble bass that's in key with your song and automatically sense when the best time to drop is.

Actually the chord think might be good if you still choose your own chords, but then you might forget their notes.

I like Cubase but I don't think I really need this.
Old 20th November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
I am probably going to upgrade just in the hope of getting a more stable setup. Cubase 6 & 6.5 for me have been really unstable.

Ever since I have had 6.5, if I quit Cubase, I need to completely reboot my computer to use it again - ie - if I launch Cubase after exiting previously, nothing happens at all (except the cubase process appears in task manager) - I don't think I am alone as I saw someone else post this problem recently.

and how come some random dude can do a better job (jbridge) than cubase's own vst bridge tech?
Are you on Windows? If so, I've experienced similar behavior.
If you quit Cubase and it fails to start back up, open the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and go to the processes tab. Scroll through the processes until you see Cubase.exe. Click on it and hit End Process. No need to reboot.

I hope they fixed this in 7 as well. Other than that, I haven't had really any major problems with Cubase, but I have only been using it for sequencing external gear and I just started using it in August. (made the break from hardware sequencer)

They also need to fix the tool popup bar that allows you to select the draw, cut, range, etc. tools. I don't know how many times I try to select the cut tool and it never switches from the pointer. I've been using one of those CMC-QC devices as alternative for selecting tools. The QC allows you to map different functions to buttons on the controller, so I just mapped two buttons that cycles forward/backward between each tool.
Old 20th November 2012
Manic Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiesmalls View Post
hopefully the fix the window resizing bullshit that has occurred since cubase 4...
What's the window resizing bullshit?
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arkadin View Post
Well I can scale windows now, they just have a way of flying all over the place when I select another function.
Never heard of that bug, never experienced it on my system... I thought this was about the bad window management of cubase in general...
Old 20th November 2012
The window scaling does the same thing for me. The only thing that really annoys me about it is when I can't find the little VST mapper tool window (whatever the technical name for it is). I only use one VST instrument, so it isn't too big of a deal for myself, but for someone that uses many VST's, that could get really annoying.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Wheres the cheapest place in the UK to buy the version 5 to 6.5 Cubase upgrade?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search