Cubase 7!
New Reply
Subscribe
13th December 2012
Old 13th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why they are admitting that using the mixConsole will destroy the quality of your mix by making it radio ready?
Wait what? They said destroy?
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realziment View Post
Wait what? They said destroy?
they said radio ready didn't they?
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Who said what now?
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
they said radio ready didn't they?
haha oh yea got you... bring on the cheese. I do pop anyways so im safe.
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Gear maniac

I was totally wrong in my postings about the difference in sound quality between 6.5 & 7.

I have a REDD on the master in the song and in 7 the saturation was set higher...
15th December 2012
Old 15th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
I was totally wrong in my postings about the difference in sound quality between 6.5 & 7.

I have a REDD on the master in the song and in 7 the saturation was set higher...
So zero difference?
15th December 2012
Old 15th December 2012
Gear nut

Of course zero difference, let's be scientific...
15th December 2012
Old 15th December 2012
Lives for gear

Well that's I thought all along just like there is zero difference in sound between any daw.
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Gear nut

Has anyone who's had CUbase 7 working on PC or Mac, are experiencing CONSTANT STUCK NOTES in any Virtual Instrument? . Cause in Padshop/UVI Workstation/Retrologue and others, i'm always experiencing STUCK NOTES in every patch...

Previously I had Cubase Studio 4 and that only happened in Halion ONE. Now, Halion one does not even show any patches, but any song that i load in Cubase 7 that had Hailion One patches in it, it plays that patch without a problem but you cant "See" that name of the patch or try to change it if you wanted to..

But anyways, i'm not too worried about that to be honest, my concern is more about the Constant STuck NOtes in all my Vsti's.. Just wondering if anyone else experience this or not?

1. Windows Vista x64
2. Cubase 7 x32bit
3. 6 Gigs Corsair Ram
4. Intel Core i7 - 920
5. Gigabyte EX58-ud3-r
6. Axiom 61
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
Has anyone who's had CUbase 7 working on PC or Mac, are experiencing CONSTANT STUCK NOTES in any Virtual Instrument? . Cause in Padshop/UVI Workstation/Retrologue and others, i'm always experiencing STUCK NOTES in every patch...

Previously I had Cubase Studio 4 and that only happened in Halion ONE. Now, Halion one does not even show any patches, but any song that i load in Cubase 7 that had Hailion One patches in it, it plays that patch without a problem but you cant "See" that name of the patch or try to change it if you wanted to..

But anyways, i'm not too worried about that to be honest, my concern is more about the Constant STuck NOtes in all my Vsti's.. Just wondering if anyone else experience this or not?

1. Windows Vista x64
2. Cubase 7 x32bit
3. 6 Gigs Corsair Ram
4. Intel Core i7 - 920
5. Gigabyte EX58-ud3-r
6. Axiom 61

No not at all, but honestly you should really get rid of Vista, it´s crap compared to W7.. or even 8 now!
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Lives for gear

i don't understand why there is no "bounce in place" option like in logic??????
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nott View Post
i don't understand why there is no "bounce in place" option like in logic??????
Just like PT doesnt have offline bouncing... They all need incorporate the good stuff from each other. First to do it = King of DAWs
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just like PT doesnt have offline bouncing... They all need incorporate the good stuff from each other. First to do it = King of DAWs
there are so many new cool features in c7!!!
but hey - so many people asked for this feature......
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Lives for gear

They have always been behind with their bouncing and export options.. I'm a cubase user 1st by the way.
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
They have always been behind with their bouncing and export options.. I'm a cubase user 1st by the way.
Steinberg?
Seriously?
Can PT or Logic export multiple stems in multiple formats with naming scheme and in multiple parts. And do this faster than realtime?
Buy Nuendo and get the best
and a complete picture department with online, grading and more based on Mistika.
http://www.europasoundvision.se
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
Steinberg?
Seriously?
Can PT or Logic export multiple stems in multiple formats with naming scheme and in multiple parts. And do this faster than realtime?
In use to be a nuendo user at one point.. Cubase has batch export now. But I remember the horrible days of using MEAP, remember that?

What advantages does nuendo have? I changed back to cubase as it recently became more musical oriented having more production features than nuendo.

My thing was always found cubase to awkward bouncing the final mix.. Then recently even with batch export had to do th whole mono stereo work around have the fixed that in 7 . I haven't had a chance to test 7 yet I do have though. Got the free upgrade as I literally went 6.5 the week before.
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Head

Still on Cubase 4 with no plans to upgrade. I know this might seem crazy, but as someone who primarily records straight forward guitar-based bands, this serves my needs just fine.
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanbeat View Post
Still on Cubase 4 with no plans to upgrade. I know this might seem crazy, but as someone who primarily records straight forward guitar-based bands, this serves my needs just fine.
If it aint broke dont fix it as the saying goes... If the new features serve you no purpose and your current version is stable, then your making the right move by making no move at all!
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
+1

Cubase 7 is now the closest DAW to that title.

It just needs

1. True VCA's
2. Linked Automation Editing
3. Play Lists
4. Import Session Data
5. Built in Sibelius
6. Multi Channel Instrument Tracks
7. Bounce in Place
8. Free Rupert Neve Plugins :-)

and .... Cubase will be unbeatable.

IMHO of course.
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
+1

Cubase 7 is now the closest DAW to that title.

It just needs

1. True VCA's
2. Linked Automation Editing
3. Play Lists
4. Import Session Data
5. Built in Sibelius
6. Multi Channel Instrument Tracks
7. Bounce in Place
8. Free Rupert Neve Plugins :-)

and .... Cubase will be unbeatable.

IMHO of course.
Haha perfect.. And a more torough export system.. Well this might of been fixed, does it bounce mono and stereo files now in one bounce without having to do the little work around?

also it doesnt have multi channel instrument tracks? i though it did?
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
I would advise you to keep a close eye on Studio One as it develops. I think this is precisely what they're trying to do...
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by triq View Post
I would advise you to keep a close eye on Studio One as it develops. I think this is precisely what they're trying to do...
Yea theres defo a lot of talk about this recently! I might have to have a look at it!
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

After really using Cubase for a while now, my feeling is that it has a lot of features but needs work on the polish and workflow which are arguably more important.
7th January 2013
Old 7th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Steinberg?
Seriously?
No...can Cubase allow the user to move mixer channels where he wants yet...without going to another window to do it??
7th January 2013
Old 7th January 2013
Lives for gear

In 1-6 no. In C7, almost but still not perfect. Mixer channels follows the project window so if you move them in the project window it moves in the mixer, and then you can filter what you see.
But moving channels in the mixer, seriously?
If that's your main complaint make sure you know of all the good stuff and not just one or two single things that annoy you and that still can be improved.
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Apparently, moving mixer channels is coming in an update from Steinberg...
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
In 1-6 no. In C7, almost but still not perfect. Mixer channels follows the project window so if you move them in the project window it moves in the mixer, and then you can filter what you see.
But moving channels in the mixer, seriously?
If that's your main complaint make sure you know of all the good stuff and not just one or two single things that annoy you and that still can be improved.
It's been a complaint for many years by many people like myself who work on insane deadlines and hate jerking around in another window to do something in the window that's already in front of you lol. It must a Euro thing...Logic suffers the same problem. No other modern (or even...not modern) DAW has this limitation, not PT, not DP, not Studio 1, etc. You would think if they were heralding a new mixer they might have listened to the many complaints about this through the years. Must be something related to the core structure of the program or it would have been fixed by now.

Also no vari speed as in Logic, and no bounce in place. The other features it has are nice, but no nice nicer than amazing things now in DP8, some of which no one has.

It will always be like this until somebody takes everyone's favorite things from all known DAWs and makes a new one I guess.

That's why I have 3 on my drive right now.

TH
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Mixer follows arrangement indeed, and multiple windows are bliss as you can work and monitor different views in parallel, arrangement window, pianoroll, mixer and events view at the same time. And when moving cursor the cursor is at exactly the same spot at any view. Cubase workflow is FANTASTIC, it's what kept mee on it for years, It doesn't need to become another protools or ableton, It caters for an audience

Sent from my iPad HD
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDBM View Post
Mixer follows arrangement indeed, and multiple windows are bliss as you can work and monitor different views in parallel, arrangement window, pianoroll, mixer and events view at the same time. And when moving cursor the cursor is at exactly the same spot at any view. Cubase workflow is FANTASTIC, it's what kept mee on it for years, It doesn't need to become another protools or ableton, It caters for an audience

Sent from my iPad HD
Cumbersome and inefficient to go somewhere else do something you need to do now, in the current window. Hence the many requests over the years.

TH
13th January 2013
Old 13th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Cumbersome and inefficient to go somewhere else do something you need to do now, in the current window. Hence the many requests over the years.

TH
This will be fixed in an upcoming update..
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search