Subscribe
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to diogo_c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fer2010 View Post

I already preordered it and looking forward to some nice creative moments and especially the new mixer. The best thing for me will me searching for plugs by keyword and not having to go through several popup windows.
Where did you pre-order it? Boxed or download version?
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear maniac

A loudness maximizer/brick wall limiter on every channel? I can't wait to hear what the bedroom studio guys do with that!
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to The dman
FYI

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support...back/2020.html

This article provides information about issues currently present in Cubase 7. Please note that the same issues apply to Cubase Artist 7.

MixConsole

Resize and persisting issues
In some cases MixConsole does not restore its expected setup and proportions of elements within its different zones.

Redraw issues
In some cases, areas of MixConsole are not redrawn correctly. As a workaround please scale the faders (using G/H) or close and re-open the MixConsole window.

Focus Navigation / Key Commands
Due to a new focus and navigation concept in MixConsole, certain key commands may have no effect (e.g., Solo/Mute). Please note that either the Project window or the Fader section in the Mixer has focus and responds to key commands, but, e.g., not the Visibility/Zones section or the Channel Racks section.

Plug-ins

Plug-ins using iLok v1 keys
Plug-ins using iLok v1 keys are not fully compatible with Cubase 7. Please update to iLok keys to v2.

Plug-ins from Audio Damage
There are reports of malfunctions when using plug-ins from Audio Damage. These will be investigated and if possible resolved in an upcoming maintenance update.

Old VST plug-ins
Outdated VST plug-ins may render the application unresponsive. Please use only VST plug-ins which were built with VST SDK 2.4 or higher.

Other

Hardware: switching the sample rate
Under OS X 10.8 it is not possible to switch the sample rate. This issue occurs with all audio hardware interfaces, including the Steinberg CI, MR and UR series.

Memory footprint
Please note that the overall memory footprint of C7 has been slightly increased. In 32-bit mode, projects which work seamlessly in Cubase 6.5 may now fail in Cubase 7 due to low memory conditions. Please use the Cubase 64-bit version instead.

Score printing
On OS X systems the printout from scores show unwanted horizontal and vertical lines. There is currently no workaround but Steinberg is working on a solution.

Chord Track
Please note that if tracks are following the Chord Track in voicing mode the pitches of notes cannot be changed manually. Therefore if you change the pitch of a note in the Key Editor, it will immediately snap back to its position according to the voicing. In the VariAudio editor, you can move the pitches on your own but such changes are reverted when other edits are applied.

Steinberg Hub
The first time the Steinberg Hub appears it can take up to 20 seconds until the News list is populated with entries.

Track Pictures
Track Pictures can be displayed in the Track List of the Project window by right-clicking and selecting "Show Track Pictures". Please note that this is a global setting.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Head

4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinball View Post
Not really a great sign when you can't even support your own hardware either:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support...nberg-hardware

Holy crap.
Perhaps you should also mention that the website says all but one of the issues will be resolved in upcoming updates? Because that to me sounds like a company that adjusts in order to support their hardware.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Perhaps you should also mention that the website says all but one of the issues will be resolved in upcoming updates? Because that to me sounds like a company that adjusts in order to support their hardware.
I posted the link so people could read it themselves. I think if you've pre-ordered a version of Cubase, then you might expect it to work with your current Steinberg-based set up out of the box, rather than having to wait x months? Is that not fair?

I'm speaking as one of those customers and asking it as a genuine question. Does it not seem surprising? It does to me.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I posted the link so people could read it themselves. I think if you've pre-ordered a version of Cubase, then you might expect it to work with your current Steinberg-based set up out of the box, rather than having to wait x months? Is that not fair?

I'm speaking as one of those customers and asking it as a genuine question. Does it not seem surprising? It does to me.
Not to me. It's been like this for a while and many companies do it. They get the product to a stage where it's "mostly finished" and release it and then fix the smaller issue after a while in an update. It probably makes sense financially (to them).

I don't like it, but I think it's common.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Not to me. It's been like this for a while and many companies do it. They get the product to a stage where it's "mostly finished" and release it and then fix the smaller issue after a while in an update. It probably makes sense financially (to them).

I don't like it, but I think it's common.
Perhaps. We're all aware that it takes them a few months to iron out the initial bugs, but literally not being able to even use your Steiny/Yamaha sound card with a 64 bit Windows version of Cubase surprised even me!
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Perhaps. We're all aware that it takes them a few months to iron out the initial bugs, but literally not being able to even use your Steiny/Yamaha sound card with a 64 bit Windows version of Cubase surprised even me!
It goes on to say: "This issue will be resolved in an upcoming TOOLS for UR28M maintenance update in December 2012". That's a few weeks so what's the fuss about? And of course, nobody is even forced to upgrade anyway.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
It goes on to say: "This issue will be resolved in an upcoming TOOLS for UR28M maintenance update in December 2012". That's a few weeks so what's the fuss about? And of course, nobody is even forced to upgrade anyway.
No fuss, just surprise, as I've tried to re-iterate above.

Thanks.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
...and that issue is limited to Cubase 64 bit. I have a UR28M and this kind of pisses me off a little bit. I'll be using the 32 bit just to check the new features.
wo1
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
wo1
Gear nut

Send a message via Skype™ to wo1
96000kHZ/32bit projects performs a lot slower than on 6.5. It's so sad. And it seems that core of that problem is disk drive performance. But same projects on 6.5 it is rock solid.

Meters on new mixer console a little glitchy. Do not know why.

Overall performance is good so far.
Facebook
Tel: +79057170009
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwave View Post
A loudness maximizer/brick wall limiter on every channel? I can't wait to hear what the bedroom studio guys do with that!
The Loudness war is ready to conquer the bedrooms
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to teknatronik
I think I will have to make the jump just for the mixer resizing.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
where does it say you can't use the card?
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wo1 View Post
96000kHZ/32bit projects performs a lot slower than on 6.5.
I'm pretty sure 96000kHz will tax any system quite a bit.
wo1
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
wo1
Gear nut

Send a message via Skype™ to wo1
For sure. But I worked on 6.5.4 for 12 songs without any problems.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM0 View Post
Are you on Windows? If so, I've experienced similar behavior.
If you quit Cubase and it fails to start back up, open the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and go to the processes tab. Scroll through the processes until you see Cubase.exe. Click on it and hit End Process. No need to reboot.

I hope they fixed this in 7 as well. Other than that, I haven't had really any major problems with Cubase, but I have only been using it for sequencing external gear and I just started using it in August. (made the break from hardware sequencer)
Had the same problem with 6.5.
The culprit - in my case - was an faulty driver from M-Audio. Bought a new interface and now Cubase works/shuts down as expected.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Where did you pre-order it? Boxed or download version?
It's not an official pre-order. I just asked for it to be sent over as soon as it gets in. It's MIDI Amsterdam based in The Netherlands. (I'm Dutch) He told me it is a boxed version, but I think I read somewhere that even when you get the boxed version you still have to download the software. Not sure though!
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

Did anyone get a copy of this early?
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
where does it say you can't use the card?

"UR28M
Using the UR28M with the Cubase 64-bit Windows version will lead to an unresponsive application state. As a workaround, please use the 32-bit Cubase application
"

Which is my set up.

But I don't want to labour the point, so I'll leave it there.

I'm just irked because I won't be getting any batteries for my toy at xmas
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
"UR28M
Using the UR28M with the Cubase 64-bit Windows version will lead to an unresponsive application state. As a workaround, please use the 32-bit Cubase application
"

Which is my set up.

But I don't want to labour the point, so I'll leave it there.

I'm just irked because I won't be getting any batteries for my toy at xmas
Just use the 32 bit in the meanwhile. I got the same problem (UR28) as well...
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
For sure. But I worked on 6.5.4 for 12 songs without any problems.
He was refering to your "96000 Khz" which is 96 Mhz and that would indeed tax any system quite a bit. But hey, with this bandwith you could encode your song directly into radio waves
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderTow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
New vid from Stein-burger:

There's a whole bunch of new other new vids on their channel..

RB
Do you really need to spam this in every thread?

Alistair
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
96000kHZ/32bit projects performs a lot slower than on 6.5. It's so sad. And it seems that core of that problem is disk drive performance. But same projects on 6.5 it is rock solid.

Meters on new mixer console a little glitchy. Do not know why.

Overall performance is good so far.
Did you try turning on the new "ASIO Guard"? I don't know if it is on or off by default.
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearowner View Post
Not sure if I should post this here or in other thread, but:

I just came back from a hands on workshop of cubase 7. to give y'all a mental note of a couple of the first impressions....

1) The new features are cool if you are just starting to get into itb music production. If you already have a workflow, the new stuff is not really interesting all that much.
2) the chord (aranger) options are cool, but I found you need a lot of mouse clicks to make the system do what you want.
3)the mixconsole, although nicely updated with a couple of neat options, gives a rather childish impression and because of this it didn't instantly grow on me and instead hindered me in focussing on creative work to be done.
In one of the new Cubase 7 videos, he said that they have improved transient detection for audio quantizing. That one simple feature is actually enough to make me want to upgrade. The mixer stuff I feel might be partly hype but being able to add a send to all tracks at once will be very useful for large projects! The new search feature will help too for large projects. I sometimes have trouble finding a track in the mixer. Using a photo icon to identify tracks also will help me more than colors.

Maybe you should watch the videos?
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

I screwed up and clicked box version!!!!!!! ahhh I want the dl version!
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Gear addict

I can't find a trial version of CB 7. Is there a download.
I'm using CB 6 and NU 5.5.
I would like to see this in real time.
Larry
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderTow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Arts View Post
I can't find a trial version of CB 7. Is there a download.
I'm using CB 6 and NU 5.5.
I would like to see this in real time.
Larry
I seem to remember reading the trial will be out later. I think they first want to deal with the early adopters.

Alistair
5th December 2012
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to The dman
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
I seem to remember reading the trial will be out later. I think they first want to deal with the early adopters.

Alistair
I heard the same thing
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search