Cubase 7 How Do You Like Me Now?
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Cubase 7 How Do You Like Me Now?

Well guys/gals....What do ya think? Yes/No/Maybe?
Old 14th November 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
Well guys/gals....What do ya think? Yes/No/Maybe?
The mixer finally looks good but I can´t believe they still didn´t take care of the window management...
Old 14th November 2012
Gear nut

looks awesome, finally going to jump from 5.x

lot of fantastic workflow improvements, less tools I that I found to be superfluous in the 6 update

but i might wait to upgrade until Jbridge comes out for it

Last edited by Luke44; 14th November 2012 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

It's gonna take a while to sort thru this but damn.....Steinberg/Yamaha have been busy!!
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

If the moderators want to do the right thing by us fellow Gearslutterz they will make a Sub Forum as they did when Pro Tools 10+HXD? came out. There's tremendous interest in Cubase 7/Nuendo 6. Let's get the info consolidated in one Sub Forum. Yes?
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
If the moderators wants to do the right thing by us fellow Gearslutterz they will make a Sub Forum as they did when Pro Tools 10-HXD? came out.There is tremendous interest in Cubase 7/Nuendo 6 Let's get the info consolidated in one Sub Forum. Yes?
I second that.
Old 14th November 2012
Gear maniac

I think so to. And well justified, this is gonna be quite a talking point.
Old 14th November 2012
Gear Head

Let's not forget about the HP Z820 workstations!
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIM View Post
Let's not forget about the HP Z820 workstations!
.....but I'm a Mac brat!
Old 14th November 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
.....but I'm a Mac brat!
Too bad...
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Old 14th November 2012
Gear interested

Lol, You beat me to it. I just love the new Chord Track. It's going to speed up my process for creating and getting ideas. And how it can even change the melodies from audio files. That's crazy. The new mixer view looks nice too. I hope it doesn't remind me of Ableton or something. It kind of looked like it a bit when i was watching the video. And their new 'Nuage' desk looks amazing as well. Just gave something for the pro tools people to compete with.
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

What you guys think the update from 6.5 will be? Lots of good features. I'm thinking $199.
Old 14th November 2012
Banned

These updates will be available from December 5, 2012, as boxed versions at your local dealer and as download and boxed versions through the Steinberg Online Shop. Update prices will be 149 and 199 euros from Cubase 6.5 / Cubase 6, respectively, and 99 and149 euros from Cubase Artist 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6, respectively. These prices include German VAT.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Old 14th November 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcrugoo View Post
These updates will be available from December 5, 2012, as boxed versions at your local dealer and as download and boxed versions through the Steinberg Online Shop. Update prices will be 149 and 199 euros from Cubase 6.5 / Cubase 6, respectively, and 99 and149 euros from Cubase Artist 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6, respectively. These prices include German VAT.

Helge Vogt

Hi Mr. Vogt,

Have their been any adjustments to the windows in cubase 7? Also, do you think in the future steinberg can add drag and drop. I really think if you guys do this bye bye studio one and ableton lol. Thanks!
Old 14th November 2012
Gear interested

They added drag and drop to the mixer and FXs. I'm not sure if it's just the mixer's built in effects or the sends and inserts as well.
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Steinberg is still missing out on having a Pro-Quality Control-Surface for Cubase 7.

A new controller, with 8 faders, solid feel, and lots of control buttons/knobs, Jog-Wheel, nice and clear LCD readouts, ...etc. ...etc. at a reasonable price.

That's one thing that I would add to my studio setup. Currently, I use my Motif XF 7 Workstation/Keyboard as a remote controller for Cubase 6.5, so far a decent option, since I also use the Motif XF for its sounds, and as my main keyboard controller. But... A dedicated Pro-Quality controller for Cubendo that would appeal to the non-post production focused studio would be a big welcome here.

The current Steinberg CMC controllers just don't do it for me.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcrugoo View Post

Helge Vogt

Is it still impossible to move mixer channels around without going to another window to do so? I think Logic is the only other DAW in 2012 with this limitation.

Thanks
TH
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Cut View Post
I'm actually livid about this. I think it looks like a ****ing toy.

Oh Steinberg! This is you are your finest. Completely misunderstanding what your userbase want. With Cubase 5 and 6 you were gaining back some of that kudos from the electronic dance fraternity.. Logic was dead in the water and now you've gone and ****ed it up by.. chord tracks?

This is Steinberg and Yamaha pandering to the entry level guitar noodling newbie who just wants to write and record his/her tunes to an 8 beat rock in their spare room.

Cubase 7 no longer looks like a serious production tool. and with all the 'funtionality' I'm sure its going to be bloated and carry with it a whole NEW set of problems with all that BLOATware.

I mean browsers for everything..'lets you find things quickly'.. but, like I KNOW where things are. I put them there. I dont need all that shit.

I get it. Yamaha and Steinberg just dont see their userbase as the professional end of the market anymore. And I understand that because every wannabe with their cool look at me videos is on Macbook and Logic or Ableton... it must hurt... but we are out here. The best kept secret in music is how awesome Cubase really is.

C7 is Band in A Box raised from the dead.

Sounds like you need Nuendo so it wont have all that "shit" as you say. Some people live to piss and moan I guess. Dont use the CHORD track, simple

I LOVE that the space ship symbols are GONE in the mixer
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Sounds like you need Nuendo so it wont have all that "shit" as you say. Some people live to piss and moan I guess. Dont use the CHORD track, simple

I'm not a Cubase/Nuendo user, but I do like the look quite a bit.

TH
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post

I won't be missing them either !
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp View Post

I won't be missing them either !
You mean those weird circle things? One of the things that made me say ..."Nah..." when I tried the demo lol

TH
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp View Post
Steinberg is still missing out on having a Pro-Quality Control-Surface for Cubase 7.

A new controller, with 8 faders, solid feel, and lots of control buttons/knobs, Jog-Wheel, nice and clear LCD readouts, ...etc. ...etc. at a reasonable price.

That's one thing that I would add to my studio setup. Currently, I use my Motif XF 7 Workstation/Keyboard as a remote controller for Cubase 6.5, so far a decent option, since I also use the Motif XF for its sounds, and as my main keyboard controller. But... A dedicated Pro-Quality controller for Cubendo that would appeal to the non-post production focused studio would be a big welcome here.

The current Steinberg CMC controllers just don't do it for me.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Looks like you want Nuendo and THIS
Old 14th November 2012
Banned

LOL..haha.. my bad slutz, i'm not Mr Vogt.. I just copied and pasted this info from stieny.. HAHA made my night.. my bad folks.
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

I like the sound of the new mixer functionalities. Very appealing.

I just have one concern.....

The channel eq looks like a BIG step backwards (virtual knobs and no parameter/freq info readily visible??). Can we still drag eq points in the eq window and shift-click the Q, etc, etc.?

And please, PLEASE tell me we can change eq window color from that puke green to something, anything else. No way I'm looking at that all day...

Sorry for the mini-rant.... The channel eq is one of the most heavily-used functions in my Cubase studio..
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Congrats Cubase users! Looks good to me! Hopefully they will fix the window issue in the future release!
Old 14th November 2012
Gear nut

I'm most excited about the new ASIO-Guard Buffer System - Will it improve low latency performance on Macs?
Old 14th November 2012
Gear maniac

Nice update, the mixer needed some improvements.

But this looks like a redesign of already existing tools. Channel EQ, Compressors, Envelope shaper, gate...are they really new or are they the same included in Cubase 6?

Also there is still no way to colorcode the whole channel strip like in Protools, Steinberg are freaking stubborns.
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

It does look good.

Logic Pro, is starting to look more and more "old and tired"

But, what i can't work out from the videos as it virtually get's no mention is whether they have introduced VCA style groups you can name and if the mixer now has a quick swipe function to temp. link channels.

There is a mention of this in a bit of text on the product page, but I'm a little bot worried as it doesn't get a mention in either the C7 or N6 videos.

it's such an important feature for mixing I really hope they have implemented a proper grouping system in the mixer.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search