I just downloaded my copy via the company site......
First impressions are everything and I have to say it was mixed.
1. Rewire with Reason actually seems more taxing on the CPU, even when you raise buffer settings you cannot get as much functionality as you did in 6.5
2. The mixer is like learning to ride a bike all over again, I assume it will be fun EVENTUALLY, but at the outset it's cluttered and annoying. I got so used to not being able to size windows that this is now too many options. I hate it.
3. WHY THE HELL is the CPU meter THIS DAMN LARGE....Seriously, where am I supposed to put it?? Need I buy a 3rd monitor?
4. Colors are dark but that's just a preset.
5. I love the new Delay Compensation on Midi, it doesn't really work as well as I thought it would though because of the issues with rewire being more taxing on the CPU.
6. I don't like the new dropdown menu format. (You know the list when you open a plugin etc.)
Overall, I'm a Cubase guy, have been, will be.
Registration was easy, and I definitely see better performance out of just using Cubase 7
stand alone. I'll have to keep digging to see what else has changed. Overall the mixer is the worst, Logic, ProTools can get it right. Cubases was fine before.