1) new mixer layout with inserts and sends in one window, logic's mixer is much more logical
, and also hiding the unused row of inserts would be nice
2) broader pallette for track coloring would be very nice
3) when new channel is inserted, there is big chance it's going to be displayed in wrong order in the mixer. It's a bug as old as cubase 5. Shouldn't be there, but still is.
4) external effects saved with project (a must)
5) stereo external effects usable as dual mono (why on earth doesn't that work allready???), I have external effects for stereo and 2 mono separately and manually change the inputs/outputs to what I need at the moment. Together with external effects connections not saved in the session, this is one big pain.
6) recording from one side of stereo group into mono track. Why I can only select mono groups/fxsends to record record from on mono track? There should be L and R mono selectable like it is with input channels.
7) better interface for variaudio tuning, it is very unefficient with lots of unnecesary mouseclicks if you switch between cutting parts to be tuned and tuning them. It is also really badly done visualy, because there is very little feedback on what function you're using.
I hope most of it will be done with 6.5 or something like that. Not expecting the mixer there, but the rest??? It's basicaly bugfixing.
PS. CD burning/PQ editing/CD-text integrated would be great, even as payed addon. But I guess it won't happen...