Fiberglass density for bass trap
New Reply
Subscribe
soujiro
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear Head

Fiberglass density for bass trap

I bought some fiberglass wihch has a density of 24 kg/m3. They're one inch thick.

As far as I've read, more layers of lower density wool is better for bass traps.
Wondering if 24 kg/m3 is fine? Am I going to be alright with 6 or more layers stacked then covered with proper fabric?
31st December 2013
Old 31st December 2013
Gear addict

Usually you'd want more dense insulations, but density isn't necessarily the most important figure. Make them as thick as you can. 6" would be a minimum with insulation that porous.
3rd January 2014
Old 3rd January 2014
Gear interested

building a drum platform in my second floor condo .Cement floor with carpeting on top, 4 by 6 area . heard about 2 products to put underneath my 2 3/4 inch medium density fiberboard pieces glued together with green glue. one is rockboard 6o or 80 , the other id regufoam 150 I am not looking to build a sound studio in this rental! Just want to do something with the bass drum thump sound and vibration.that is going downstairs into my new neighbors condo
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search