Acoustic treatment for a hip hop/rap home studio
New Reply
Subscribe
Grandtheftrondo
14th November 2013
Old 14th November 2013
Gear interested

Acoustic treatment for a hip hop/rap home studio

I'm planning on making a home studio for rap music in my room . Do I need acoustic treatment if I'm just recording vocals for my music. I'm not comfortable with treating a whole room and I can get alternatives such as reflexion filters or the portable vocal booth by realtraps. My room is a square shaped medium sized (don't know exact dimensions) and has 2 beds and 1 window with blinds. If I do have to treat it should I use auralex ? Do I need bass traps since I'm just trying to stop echoing back into the mic to make my recordings very clear . Thanks
14th November 2013
Old 14th November 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to sheggs
If I have understood the question correctly are you asking if you are just recording vocals and nothing else can you just use a portable vocal booth like ones provided by Real Traps. Then the answer is yes, but are you using the room for anything else?
Although it is a different genre Jon Gomm recorded his entire new album from within a specially constructed GIK Screen panel booth with no other treatment in the room and then mixed and mastered in a professional studio -
Five Questions for Jon Gomm - GIK Acoustics Europe
www.gikacoustics.de
www.gikacoustics.fr
14th November 2013
Old 14th November 2013
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandtheftrondo View Post
Do I need bass traps since I'm just trying to stop echoing back into the mic to make my recordings very clear.
The RealTraps PVB will definitely give you clean vocals without needing to treat the rest of the room. But if you mix music there too, a few bass traps will certainly help.

--Ethan

The Acoustic Treatment Experts

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search