Login / Register

Building fibre glass filled panels, fabric question!
New Reply
Subscribe
dando
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Gear interested

Question Building fibre glass filled panels, fabric question!

Hi guys,
so im busy building acoustic panels filled with fiber glass wool..
i decided to use Hessian fabric to cover these panels, as its quite airy fabric and should be good with letting sound through to absorb..
my only concern is, with Hessian being quite an airy material, im abit worried that this could let through some fiber glass particles into my room whilst mounted on the walls..? is this something i should be concerned about, especially considering that its my bedroom too ?
would u guys recommend wrapping the fiber glass in some kind of material before inserting into the frame and wrapping with Hessian material? and if so, what fabric do u recommend ?

here's a picture below of Hessian fabric that im using.. its kind of like sack material. please let me know what u think..
much thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Building fibre glass filled panels, fabric question!-hessian_475493a.jpg  
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to sheggs
Hi

It is not harmful but if you are worried there are a couple of things you can do.
A) buy the Ecose range which is more environmentally friendly and safer
B) use two layers of the Hessian, it will not really effect the performance of the panels

Info from our site about Ecose and greensafe
http://gikacoustics.co.uk/greensafe/
www.gikacoustics.de
www.gikacoustics.fr
dando
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Gear interested

sheggs, thank u for ur response.. i think i will wrap it twice to be safe..
im not very clued up with all this stuff.. but out of interest, how does the fiber glass shed particles out? does it need to be moved around ? or is it constantly letting out particles?
sorry for the stupid questions, but im just more so concerned as i'll be framing 6 panels in my bedroom...
19th July 2013
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to sheggs
It would need to be moved about. Think of your loft if you have insulation there. As long as you are not disturbing it, it's us completely fine bit to restate wrapped in fabric the risk is not really there
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search