KNAUF (EARTHWOOL) 100MM basstrap?
Old 20th December 2012
Gear interested

KNAUF (EARTHWOOL) 100MM basstrap?

Hi there i can get this type of knauf earthwool very cheap, and wondered if it would be a good material for basstraps?

If it is could i leave it in the plastic, cover it in breathable material and stack them in corners? instaead of building superchunks ect

Thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails
KNAUF (EARTHWOOL) 100MM basstrap?-159142521.jpg  
Old 20th December 2012
Gear Guru

You could, but if you take it out of the plastic it will be uncompressed which is a good thing. If you don't want to go through all of that then keep it wrapped up. The positive thing about the plastic is it will reflect some of the upper frequencies which will keep some life in the room.
Old 21st December 2012
Gear interested

Hi Glenn
Thanks for the reply , so this wool will be ok to use. I tried to build superchunks before they came out well but i cant really make them again, money is a factor

My room is 12ft 4 in length and 10ft 4 width, 7ft 5 high
i was going to put the rolls in all 4 corners of the room and then buy some acoustic foam for first reflection points or make absorbers which are a little less expensive to make.

Does this sound like a good idea , i really wanted to by some some gik products but will need to save some money

thats one of the reasons i didn't want to take the foam out of the plastic as it will be a lot easier to get out of the room and swap with the good gik stuff!!

I just hope while im saving this knauf wool will help .

thanks
Old 21st December 2012
Gear Guru

Old 21st December 2012
Gear interested

thanks Glenn,
ok so i will use the knauf for the basstraps in corners wrapped up and stacked, i will then have to buy some rigid fiberglass for the absorbers like rockwall slabs? is that right? thanks
Old 21st December 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
fiberglass for the absorbers like rockwall slabs? is that right?
Basically yes
Old 21st December 2012
Gear interested

thanks for all your help
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search