sparky323
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Gear interested

Air conditioning

Anyone have previous experience reducing air flow noise from an air duct? Because of moving walls I cannot hang baffles or anything under the 4 standard grated rectangular vents. I was thinking of trying to get some type of flexible material up into the duct and laying it flat to slow down the air. Thoughts?
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

Sparky,

So you have a vent making too much noise when air is flowing into the room. Yes? I don't understand what you mean by the "4 vents". Do you mean you have one grid (register) with 4 directionals?

Regardless, I would just remove it altogether before doing anything else. See if this solves it
sparky323
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Gear interested

Not exactly.. What we're hearing is the the air flow down the duct itself due to the amount of air flow. The fans have already been turned down to 65%, and can't be turned down anymore without affecting the cooling to the rest of the vehicle. I should also clarify that this is a mobile truck. The air conditioners mounted on the front blow cool air down a wide open air duct in the ceiling that is the width and length of the truck. At the back of the vehicle where audio is located are 4 ceiling mount grates to spill air into the room.
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

Sorry, I can't picture this at all. Four vents?, moving walls?, wide open air duct?, mobile truck? Can you post a photo?

Last edited by John White; 28th January 2012 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Seriously, I'd love to see a photo.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search