Primacoustic Razorblade Quadratic Diffuser
Old 26th September 2011
Gear interested

I am tweaking my room with bass traps and like the look of this diffuser for the back wall (one each side) with the idea of widening the sound of my narrow room.Has anyone had first hand info of the use of this product??
Cheers Stump
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumproom View Post

I am tweaking my room with bass traps and like the look of this diffuser for the back wall (one each side) with the idea of widening the sound of my narrow room.Has anyone had first hand info of the use of this product??
Cheers Stump
it would be helpful to include a link - the easiesr you make it for people to respond to you, the more responses you will likely get

Primacoustic Acoustic Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by description
The Razorblade is a high-performance quadratic residue diffuser (QRD*) based on a primitive root sequence that employs a grated array of 17 precisely calculated wells to break up and scatter acoustic energy to create a diffuse sound field.
it looks like an N17 QRD - but im confused why they say "based on a primitive root sequence" vs "based on quadratic residue sequence". someone should really notify their editors

placement of diffusers and such is dependent upon the acoustic room model you wish to emulate (eg, the room's total specular response you wish to achieve).

with QRDs you will need multiple periods (units arranged together into an 'array') to perform as intended. would be best directly behind the listening position. what is the distance from the listening position to the rear wall? how many were you looking to purchase?
Old 26th September 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by localhost127 View Post
it would be helpful to include a link - the easiesr you make it for people to respond to you, the more responses you will likely get

it looks like an N17 QRD - but im confused why they say "based on a primitive root sequence" vs "based on quadratic residue sequence". someone should really notify their editors

placement of diffusers and such is dependent upon the acoustic room model you wish to emulate (eg, the room's total specular response you wish to achieve).

with QRDs you will need multiple periods (units arranged together into an 'array') to perform as intended. would be best directly behind the listening position. what is the distance from the listening position to the rear wall? how many were you looking to purchase?
Thanks for your reply.I was looking at getting 2 .I know its recommended to be at least 10ft from them but I will be 8ft.

My room is 25.7ft x 10.11ft with 8.9ft ceilings.

I plan on having a bulkhead type trap across the back wall ceiling and 4ft wide trap in the middle and a diffuser on each side of the back trap.So far I put foam behind the front speakers and bass trap at first reflection point.Sounding very good so far.

Old 15th November 2011
Gear interested

Anyone using Razorbladeā„¢ Quadratic Diffuser

Razorbladeā„¢ Quadratic Diffuser

Anyone using this in there set-up??I would like to try but cant find info on anyone using them.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search